Senselet: Senselet Food Processing is a start-up company, looking for ambitious, eager-to-learn and talented employees who want to take responsibility and accountability in actively build our company and brand, Sunchips. Senselet is a Dutch-owned company making potato-based snacks and food products for the Ethiopian market and aims to become a leading food processing company. Currently, our modern processing facility, using the latest European processing technology, is located in Tulofa (65 km from Addis Ababa).
Targets and deliverables
- Goal for 2019 is to be certified on HACCP and FSC22000. The Quality Manager is owner of the process and should be able to improve our current food safety system to a higher level.
- Lead the quality department, which is mainly responsible for Product quality and our reception & taking care of our potatoes. The department consist out of 8 employees
- Developing and maintaining the high quality standard of the Company.
- Working with sales and marketing department to make sure consumers will have the highest quality potato products.
- Minimizing non-conformity
- Preparing standard laboratory procedures for sampling and analysis.
- Participating in health, safety, environment and security issues of the company
- Taking tests and analyze as per the requirement from raw materials receiving, processing, packaging and finished products.
- Follow-upfactory staff for their vigilant response on quality and safety (e.g. work uniforms, safety precautions and others).
- Securing all aspects of food safety from inputs to final product and ensuring Good Manufacturing Practices are met.
- Ensure the ongoing coaching, development, and training of the factory staff that supports all plant operations.
- Organizing quality controlling laboratory for maintaining food Safety/good manufacturing practice, and food quality standards.
- Recording and controlling of data on raw materials and processing quality parameters in a correct, complete and well-presented report.
- Work closely with the Factory management team
- Other duties given by his/her supervisor
Reporting to: Factory manager
Functional supervision of two Quality professionals and agronomist
Place of work: T
- Education:minimum BA degree in Chemical engineering, Food Science or related field.
- Experience: minimum 3 years of relevant work experience for a private organization in a quality role in FMCG sector (e.g. food processing, brewery, beverages), preferably as a, supervisor, team leader or quality manager. And preferred experience with HACCP and/or FSSC22000.
- Technical skills:good in Amharic and English (speaking and writing), analytically strong (problem solving), strong communications and reporting skills, basic computer skills, very good planner, strong knowledge on food safety, hygiene, HSSE&S.
- Social skills:proven leadership skills, able to motivate, coach and drive factory staff, able to balance various forces in the factory (production, maintenance, quality, HSSE&S), able to adapt and show leadership under challenging circumstances, serious and hard-working, eager to learn, good feedback mentality, result oriented, taking responsibility and accountability.
- Entrepreneurial skills: proven ability and experience to set up a new production unit, flexible and autonomous leader, leading by example and actively involved in operations.
How to Apply
Send your application letter and CV to [email protected]
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc