· Delineating operation area using GPS, map, establish shape file, facilitate community bylaw, make sure ownership towards sustainability, and engage in community mobilization.
· Advocacy on sustainable natural resources (water, soil & trees) management and its link to sustainable land management and livelihood improvement.
· Integrating with sponsorship and other livelihood and re-greening projects and closely work with designate woreda and kebele sector staff and administration as well as other contributing partners towards leveraging resources and increasing outcomes.
· In collaboration with other Livelihood and Environment projects Identify right seedling source, ensure 90% of seedling survival of agroforestry through complementing with alternate water harvesting, and execute energy efficient cooking stoves, apiculture and other components.
· Creating platform, leading platform, engaging and network with relevant government offices, FBO and CBO in the AP area and ensure inclusive and bottom up growth.
· Work closely with the TP environment & climate change technical Team to prepare training document, Demonstration site, collaborate with local Government for field visit and scale up best practices in the existing Projects.
· Actively participate in local networks in landscape restoration to raise the profile of FMNR, and the work of WV Ethiopia
· In collaboration with WV Environment & climate change technical team Provide face-to-face training (F2F) training on FMNR for staff and volunteers of local partners.
· Create/Strengthen farmer and youth organizations/groups, empower them and make the farmer and youth organizations/groups learning center in NRM, FMNR & AF
· Ensure to prepare, and submit quarterly, biannual and annual plan and report activities undertaken as required to pace forward to the desired goal,
· Maintains detailed schedules of activity and budget implementation tracking systems for activities monitoring and budget utilization of the AP
· Prepare various donor/government reports as per the standard.
· Facilitate and conduct trainings and/or capacity building on conceptual understanding of the FMNR and sustainable land management and undertake other related tasks as appropriate.
Ensure mainstreaming the project into relevant cross cutting issues/ Gender, Disability, Protection, Peace Building, job creation etc.
· Qualifications Required : • MSc /BSc Degree in Natural Resource Management, Agriculture, Forestry, Agro-Forestry and a related field
· Work Experience: Minimum of 4 years of work experience in NRM/Forestry/Agro-Forestry. FMNR experience is preferable.
· Technical Skills and Abilities
· Computer skill, proven experiences in working with community and diverse sector offices.
· Effective in written & verbal communication in English and Amharic
· Experience in roles in NRM, landscape restoration and/or forestry
· Experience in stakeholder engagement and networking
· Demonstrated experience in organizing and facilitating training and capacity building in NRM (experience in FMNR is considered an advantage)
· Must be a creative individual with strong sense of priorities and organizational skills and an ability to work with diverse teams across considerable distances
· Must be able to negotiate ideas within and outside the World Vision partnership, particularly with donor communities and government.
· Optimum level of interpersonal skills to keep up internal and external harmonious working relation
· Quick learner with ability to think strategically and creatively
· Excellent ability to meet deadlines
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Federal language/s
· Proficient computer literacy using of Microsoft Office Microsoft Word, Excel & MS Power Point
Working Environment / Conditions:
· 75% office-based and 25% with frequent travel to project site
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title and the place on the subject line of the email and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found World Vision Ethiopia Employment_Application_Form ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected]
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies
- Address Shashego, SNNPR
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc