Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the position:
The Regional Program Manager (RPM) will manage the financial and administrative management, program development and implementation, as well as grant development and implementation from the Mekelle field office. Under the direction of and reporting to the Chief of Party (COP), the RPM will supervise a regional based program and operational team to execute small grant activities in compliance US Government rules and regulations. The RPM will devise and implement a regional strategy and identifying new opportunities for program development. This is a full-time position with an immediate start date based in Mekelle, Tigray.
USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives’ (USAID/OTI) new support program aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) will be USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
- Oversee the identification of local partners and development of potential activities in field office(s).
- Provide oversight and quality control of the full activity cycle from idea creation to close out.
- Full responsibility for directing and coordinating daily workflow of the regional office and approximately 15 staff.
- Advise project senior management on the local political, legal, and economic situation so that programming remains relevant and responsive.
- Participate in the program Senior Management Team and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Pause and Reflect sessions to ensure that information is captured and shared as required.
- Ensure compliance with USAID and Dexis financial and administrative requirements in the field offices.
- Supervise and guide staff based in the regional office, and coordinate with the Operations Manager, Finance Manager, and other staff in Addis Ababa regarding human resources management and training needs.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree in a relevant field.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience.
- At least 2 years of management and supervisory experience.
- At least 2 years of experience working in a complex and challenging field operation in unstable developing countries, with preferably at least one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience working in either humanitarian or transitional programmatic areas, as well as supervising and training local personnel.
- Well-versed in directing programming and/or operational management of small grants, budgeting, financial management (tracking, reporting, and accounting), and procurement.
- Experience working throughout Ethiopia for multiple years, with a clear understanding of the political context of this program.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in Tigrinya.
- Fluency in the US Government donor policies and procedures regarding financial management, financial reporting, procurement processes, systems, and grants management.
- Advanced degree preferred.
How to Apply
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a “find a way or make a way” business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
- Address Mekelle, Tigray
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc