The Ethiopian Women Lawyers Association (EWLA) is a not-for-profit Civil Society Organization (CSO) founded by Ethiopian women lawyers. It began its work in 1996 after being registered in 1995. It was re-registered as a charitable organization by the Charities and Societies Agency in 2010 as per the Charities and Societies Proclamation No. 1113/2019. Its vision is to see a country where women are equal to men. It also has the mission of promoting the economic, political, social, and rights of women and, to that end, assisting them to secure full protection of their rights under the Constitution of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and other international human rights conventions. Since its establishment, EWLA has been working to achieve this vision and mission. EWLA has eight branch offices in Adama (Oromia Regional State), Bahir Dar (Amhara Regional State), Hawassa (SNNPRS), Asossa (Benishangul Gumuz Regional State), Gambella (Gambella Regional State), Dire Dawa City Administration, Jigjiga (Somali Regional State) and Semera (Afar Regional State). The Association has 54 volunteer committees that work at the zonal and woreda levels. The core program areas of EWLA include: Free Legal Aid Service, Public Education and Capacity Building, and Research and Advocacy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- oversight and coordination of resource mobilization and all fundraising and proposal writing
- Develops annual work plans and budgets for public relation and resource center activities.
- Provides all necessary information on the overall performance of EWLA and briefs donors on EWLA’s mission, objectives, activities and future plans.
- Carried out resource mobilization and fund razing activities of EWLA.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual and long-term plan of fund rasing and resource mobilization plan
- To take the lead in identifying funding opportunities for the organization, listing them and sharing the information with key project and programss staffs.
- Ensure that fsund raising and resource mobilization skills and knowledge are properly transferred to the staff of EWLA
- Developing and implementing an engagement strategy for resource mobilization by mapping and engaging with key public, GO and NGO organizations.
- To ensure that fundraising and resource mobilization information are up to date on organizational website in collaboration public relation department.
- Develop donor mapping and solicitation strategies and maintain relations with donors to ensure continued funding and recommend innovative funding opportunities.
- Managing all communication, including financial resource utilization periodic reports on active projects, to funding partners of EWLA.
- To coordinate processing of agreements in connection with funding opportunities and ensure effective and timely follow-up in terms of submission of reports to the donors and grant renewals.
- Execute monthly, quarterly semiannual and annual reports within the scope of his/her team and work in collaboration with other projects and programs team and stakeholders.
- Mobilizes resources for organizational capacity development needs
- Develop resource mobilization presentations, proposals, briefing notes; participating in donor and stakeholders’ meetings
- Periodically monitor the the resource mobilization activities and RM activities of EWLA and compile and submit quarterly reports on the progress
- Carrying out other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Executive Director and Programs Manager
- And other responsibilities as per the job description of the organization
Location/Place of work: Addis Ababa, Head Office of Ethiopian Woman Lawyers Association located around Africa Union behind St. Michael Church
Duration: One-year contract with possibility of Extension
Employment Type: Full time
Number required: one
Applicants are expected to fulfill the next criteria
- Professional with BA/MA Degree in Law, Project management and Social Science
- Minimum 4 years of experience for MA and Minimum 6 years of experience for BA/LLB
- Work experience in resorce mobilization and fund raising at CSOs.
- Must demonstrate strong interest, passion and commitment to work with women right organization, handle multiple tasks and ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated experience to effectively provide technical assistance, conducting advocacy and gender-related trainings
- Strong interpersonal communication, teamwork, partnering, and consensus-building skills
- Passionate to work for fulfillment and protection of social, economic, cultural, political and other rights of women seeking
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged for the position
How to Apply
Interested applicants should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: [email protected]
Please include the name and Location of the position on the subject of the email: the position is for Qualified female applicants
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Manager
- Qualification BA/BSc