Building upon 12 years of leadership J H Simex Private Limited Company is a combination of three companies that currently own and manage Real Estate, J H Simex Tour & Travel and a Five Star Intercontinental Addis Hotel.
J H Simex is a leading company with a 152 luxuriously furnished hotel rooms, 42 furnished apartments, 13 conference halls which accommodate more than 2,000 guests at a time, Bistro Café, Night Club, 360 Degree Revolving Restaurant and many more facilities within the two buildings. The Intercontinental Addis Hotel was built at a cost of 320 million birr in its first phase investment, on a 2400 square meters plot which opened in October 2008. The second building which is also part of the hotel was built at a cost of 200 million birr, on a 3,500 square meters plot which just recently opened January 2017.
Founded by Mr Semachew Kebede Kassa the company is headquartered at the heart of Kazanchis Area in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. This has created job opportunities for 378 employees. Intercontinental Addis Hotel has been awarded in 2014 and 2016 for the Luxury Business Hotel in Ethiopia. This award serves as recognition of sustained commitment to excellence in outstanding achievement in the international luxury hospitality industry.
Employment Type: Permanent
To oversee and manage sales staff and reservation to ensure maximum revenue, promotional coverage and marketing opportunities are achieved.
The Director Sales and Marketing should work closely with front desk director and to develop strategies to maximize REVPAR and grow market share.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and promote a team work environment with effective and clear communication amongst co-workers.
- Ensure best client service is being made available through communication amongst the team, cross training within the department and appropriate office coverage.
- Works with sales managers to ensure understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the segment.
- Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan.
- Perform professional, friendly attitude towards clients and co-workers, timely response to clients and co-workers needs and observance of sales office standard.
- Ensure hotel meets or exceeds budgeted goals.
- Follow and track company cross-sell procedures.
- Utilize company profile database to determine geographic areas for travel agent calls while maintaining top and existing travel agent accounts.
- Organize travel agent month and travel agent appreciation rates for slow months.
- Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
- Creating a focus on attracting new business.
- Attending and contributing to the monthly sales strategy meeting
- Updating and owning the sales strategy & sales plan with the General Manager.
- Review and approves any special corporate negotiated rates by signing the contract.
- Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
- Leads on-property sales functions to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of hotel sales objectives.
- Recommends monthly room nights target goals for sales team members.
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Develop and send informative press releases to targeted lists highlighting all activities and promotions.
- Maintain and expand corporate incentive program via direct mail, personal visits etc.
- Oversee and ensure the updating of rates, promotions on hotel website, OTA’s (Online travel agents), GDS etc. without any rate parity.
- Responsible for the training of sales managers and staff.
- Follow and promote hotel standards with guests, co-workers.
- Evaluates and drives the hotel’s participation in the various sales channels, Market Sales, Event Booking Centers, electronic lead channels, etc.
- Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- And others
- MA/B.A degree Marketing or related field from a recognized university/college with 8/12 year’s experiences out of which 3/6 years on managerial position.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their applications, non-returnable CV’s, copies of document and other relevant testimonies to Intercontinental Addis Hotel Guinea Conakry (Tito) Street, Kazanchis, at Human Resource office during office hours from January 13, 2021 up to January 23, 2021. On the other option you can send an email to the hotel at [email protected] or [email protected] for more information call us 0115180444.
You must mention the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Manager
- Qualification BA/BSc