REPORTS TO: DOSM
The Sales & Marketing Manager will be primarily responsible for executing the sales strategy of the hotel with the ultimate objective of maximizing revenues across all revenue-generating outlets to include bedrooms, meetings and events, and food and beverage.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Devise and implement the overall sales and marketing plan for the hotel and actively monitor its progress in terms of achieving KPI’s, budgets and revenues.
- Liaise with the General Manager and adopting price strategies across the hotel.
- Build-on and develop relationships with our current clients.
- Analyze current markets and identify new markets and potential clients.
- Organize and conduct site inspections and familiarization trips in conjunction with the Hotel team.
- Manage the number and performance of third party and promotional websites and liaise with providers in ensuring optimization of the hotel’s online position.
- Proactively monitor the Hotel’s profile on the various social media platforms and ensure appropriate responses are posted in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with our Digital Team in managing the content of the Hotel’s website.
- Develop and agree departmental sales plans and communicate them clearly too all parties.
- Manage all promotional collateral from copyright through to design, print, and ensure that it is in line with Great National branding.
- Ensure in house promotional material is current, effective and supports any new sales and marketing promotions.
- Where necessary devise adverts for the promotion of the Food & Beverage departments in the local market.
- Manage the guest database and ensure that client’s details are accurate and Up-to-date.
- Ensure that all client correspondence is tracked and recorded, including quotations and contracts.
- Represent the hotel at consumer trade fairs, mall promotions and tourism events both at a local and national level.
- Organize on and off-site client entertainment.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct at all times when dealing with clients, guests etc.
- Submit weekly Sales & Marketing activity reports to the General Manager and Directors.
- Lead and develop your Sales & Marketing team by proactively coaching and mentoring team members.
- Conduct weekly snapshot meetings with your team and update on activities/sales to date and plans for the weeks ahead.
- Monitor the progress of your sales team through weekly activity reports.
- Encourage positive working relations with all departments by regular communications and feedback. What we are looking for:
Required qualifications and competencies:
- A degree in Marketing , business administration, or MBA from a well-recognized university or college
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to assess the market and work to increase the hotel’s share of business
- Excellent IT skills
- Proactive and ability to work under pressure
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- More than three years of experience in a sales and marketing manager position, experience in four and five-star hotel is an advantage.
- Proven record of good communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Commercially focused, have the ability to analyses market data and be results-driven
- Articulate, confident communicator at all levels both with colleagues and with clients.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing including web analytics metrics and tools.
- Ambitious, creative, and the ability to influence decisions.
- High level of customer focus and understanding.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send CV and copies of credentials and other supporting documents within 10 calendar days of this announcement to the following email address [email protected] Address: Best western Addis Ababa hotel beside Edina mall, Tel 0116671414
- Address Addis Ababa
- Qualification BA/BSc