ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK: (Essential functions, quality/quantity expected list of marginal duties and number of national/and or expat staff supervised)
· Prepare plan of action for effective SC implementation in consultation with the SC Health Officer
· Effectively follow the SC protocols for the medical care of the SAM cases with complications, and ensure that all protocols are understood and appropriate referrals take place to and from the OTP.
· Provide key health and nutrition messages to mothers/caretakers based on the protocols and guidelines
· Report directly to the SC Health Officer to ensure that all problems are conveyed in a timely manner.
· Ensure safe storage of SC therapeutic food and accurate records of the stock related to the programme.
· Monitor the effectiveness of the SC and submit report weekly/monthly to the SC-Health Officer.
· Collaborate with other teams in sharing information and ideas about the implementation of the IMC overall nutrition (CMAM) programme activities.
· Respect the dignity of beneficiaries, careers and members of the community at all times.
· Generate ideas to strengthen the development of the nutrition unit.
· Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
· Ability to cope with stress; hardship; patience and flexibility.
· Ability to effectively work with government, refugee/ community leaders, international/national organizations, donors, partners and other International Medical Corps relationships.
· Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English. Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Office, Email and other computer applications
· Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with colleagues in course of work.
· Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Ability and willingness to travel and work in areas where the project is implemented
· Demonstrated experience and skills in ensuring community participation and gender issues in humanitarian programming
· Prepare detailed implementation plan and share with all woreda base staffs
· Ensure implementation planned activities upon expected quality and schedule at all levels.
· Follow up of project implementation through regular update
· Represent IMC in any meeting organized at project site when needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Training/education/experience/physical demands required; provide 6-8 requirements)
· Diploma/Degree in Nursing or Public Health
· At least 2 years’ experience of managing a CMAM programme
· Experience with training of staff in CMAM
· Ability to read and interpret nutrition reports
· Flexible with ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
· Good communication skills
· Fluency in English, Amharic and preferably local language of the working area
· Experience in Gambella area is a plus.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their updated CV and cover letter explaining their qualification and experience related to the JD prior to the application deadline of this vacancy announcement to the following address(s).Email Address: [email protected]
International Medical Corps – Ethiopia Country Office
Human Resource and Administration Department
· Send your e-mail with a subject ‘the post you are applying for’.
· Please don’t attach copies of transcripts, academic degree or recommendation letters with your application.
· Only Short listed candidates will be contacted for Interview and written test.
- Address Gamella-Jewi camp, Gambela
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc