BDS Center for Development Research (BDS -CDR), is one of the leading consulting firms in the country in areas of development research and multi-disciplinary consultancy services. BDS-CDR is currently striving to keep the public informed with its research findings believing that these works will help expedite the development efforts of our nation. BDS-CDR believes that our current strong state is the outcome of long years of professionalism and commitment of our staffs, past and present. We have a pool of competent professionals and also work in partnership with scholars across the country and abroad.
Summary of key Functions:
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with state financial legal requirements and organization guidelines
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements
- Update accounting software (Peach Tree and Lotus) on a daily basis
- Prepare journal entries and account analysis
- Prepare vouchers, cheques, CPOs, transfer letters
- Prepare all the due documents for annual financial audit and taxes.
- Keep good working relationships with banks, suppliers and local authorities offices
- Perform bank and cash reconciliations
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements
- Preparing tax (IT,VAT, WHT, pension) computations
- Prepare payrolls
- Prepare Project costs analysis and Budget reconciliation
- Prepare severance payments
- Secures financial information by completing database backups. Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by reading professional publications
- Support and lead the finance officers in preparing all the documents needed for the day to day and audit process etc.
- BA Degree In Accounting
- Minimum of Five year of experience as a senior accountant, preferably in consultancy firms.
Technical and Other Skill
- Fluent in English and Amharic
- Perfect knowledge of Ethiopian accounting, taxation and labor rules/regulation and comply with International standard Report System (ISRS)
- Analyzing Information , Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, Corporate Finance, Financial Software, General Math Skill
- Relevant experience in using accounting software
- Relevant experience in procurement procedures
- Possess good organizational ,multi-tasking and communications skills
- Willing to relocate as and when needed
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office 2013, Word and Excel Programs
How to Apply
Candidates who are interested and fulfill the requirements shall submit their ONLY application/motivation letter along with their updated CV via email at [email protected] by clearly marking the position title on the subject line.
In person to the following address.
BDS-Centre for Development Research
CMC, around 200 meter from St. Michael Church towards Megenagna Road
In the building where Oromia Cooperative Bank and Lion International banks are located, 8th floor
Tel: 0116 47 95 17/0116 479778
Closing date of application: ten/10/ working days from the date of announcement
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Ø Please do not send your applications if you have already applied for this post previously.
Ø Only candidates who are invited for exam and interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Qualified female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc