The Ethiopian Horticulture Producer Exporters Association (EHPEA) was established in 2002 as a non-profit making and Non-government organization being an autonomous and non- political entity instituted primarily to protect interest of its members. Its membership constitutes almost all Horticulture (flower, fruit, vegetables and herbs) producer Exporters in the country. EHPEA’s strives to promote Competitive Position of Ethiopian Horticulture Sector in the Global market on Sustainable manner. Currently EHPEA is seeking to employ qualified and competent staff for Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist.
Under the general policy direction from the Executive Director, plans, organizes, directs and integrates the association’s planning programs and services; and Spearhead realization of strategic and operational plans as well as fund raising and capacity building initiatives.
The Senior Monitoring & Evaluation (ME) Specialist will provide management of the monitoring and evaluation activities related to EHPEA’s programs and activities, including working with program staff, external consultants, implementing partners and key stakeholders. The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (ME) Specialist will work closely with EHPEA’s project and permanent staff members.
- Plans, organizes, controls, integrates and evaluates the work of the M&E department with the collaboration of other departments and staffs,
- Provide overall management for the design and implementation of the EHPEA M &E system, working closely with other EHPEA staff, consultants and partners and provide progress updates to the Executive Director, donors, and key stakeholders.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of M&E strategies for EHPEA and other programs at EHPEA
- Serve as the primary point person for all monitoring and evaluation related work.
- Submit timely, quality planning, documentation and monitoring as required by the department.
- Develop e all M&E initiatives for assigned grant(s)/project(s) including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary.
- Analyse changes and patterns in KPI indicator data and performance reports in order to support Program staff and/or the M&E system
- Develop and refine various EHPEA data collection instruments (both quantitative and qualitative) and maintain a results database to aggregate data.
- Manage information-gathering process for results and performance reports, in addition to other briefings, summaries, papers, presentations, etc… for various audiences as needed.
- Train EHPEA staff and partners on the accurate use of the monitoring systems, providing ongoing coaching/support through regular site monitoring visits, and ensure quality control and problem solving as needed.
- Document good practices, lessons learned trends, cross-cutting policy, and implementation issues, etc…
- Research and collect content and stories about project’s achievements.
- Initiate the improvement of Results Based Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, and strategic information reporting systems for projects implementation.
- Initiate and develop different proposals on various thematic areas based on the M & E analysis.
- Undertake field-monitoring missions to assess progress of projects implementation using standard monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies.
- Lead the development of strategic and other plans development.
- Provide appropriate and facilitative administrative follow-up actions to ensure effective application of monitoring and reporting tools.
- Undertake any other assignments as may be requested or delegated by the Executive Director.
Place of work: Addis Ababa and with periodic visits to farms in the Regions
Terms of Employment: Initially for two years but will be renewable subject to performance and availability of funds.
Salary: In accordance with the Association salary Scale
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to develop, implements, facilitates and evaluates successful plans.
- Supervisory experience, including leading teams through change.
- Knowledge of Associational behaviour, especially for project based Associational development including leadership.
- Ability to apply different concepts for the Association.
- Strategic oriented
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
- Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in a non-governmental organization is desirable.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- MA Degree in Economics, M&E or related fields from a recognized University with Four (8) years of experience Or
- BA Degree in Economics, M&E from a recognized university with Six (10) years
Interested Applicants should send their Letter of Application together with non-returnable CV and supporting credentials to: [email protected]
10 consecutive days after the appearance of the Advertisement
Ethiopian Horticulture Producer Exporters Association
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10