Internal / External Vacancy Announcement
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 12 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs relating to food security, climate change adaptation, livelihood diversification, and institutional capacity building interventions, with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. ERCS works in partnership with the Ethiopian Government, International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC), International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), partnering National Societies, members, volunteers and the communities we serve.
Key performance area
- Under the general direction and guidance of Procurement Division manager, Senior procurement and marketing research officer responsible for the following major functional duties.
- Prepares a procurement plan supported by an action plan enabling to execute in due time procurement necessary to implement the work program of ERCS at HQ.
- Collects, studies, and analyses information about suppliers of goods, services, and works, sales trends, products, and services to have a complete picture of the market to improve the procurement process and quality;
- Responsible for organizing the supplier list, registering the qualified and eligible suppliers/ consultants/contractors in the database, identifying new potential suppliers/consultant/contractors and registering them in the database after approval, searching new markets and new opportunities, and reviewing the status and performance of suppliers,
- Collects an expression of interest (EOI) in a cost-effective method to continually update ERCS’s supplier database where procurement planning has forecasted future requirements.
- Prepares, reviews, and updates the national society standard specification of goods, services, and works. The specification should be sufficiently detailed and comprehensive to provide a complete and exact description to meet the quality and standard of the national society.
- Assists the procurement manager in formulation and implementation of policies and procedures designed to ensure overall economic purchasing or procurement;
- Carries out survey studies in the supply market; undertakes the compilation of complete and accurate data on commodities to be procured, the compilation and preparation of bid documents, the advertisement, soliciting of quotations from prospective suppliers, and offer analysis;
- Prepares tender documents and offer analysis in cases of open tender purchases; maintains up-to-date and systematic records about prices, suppliers, procurement schedule, etc.; Prepares and presents complete, accurate, and appropriate procurement and payment documents for approval and processing;
- Facilitates the procurement process of foreign and local purchase activities by fulfilling the required formalities, including obtaining foreign exchange permits, customs clearance, etc.;Handles the purchase of capital and consumable goods based on specifications prescribed by requesting work units and purchase committee;
- Reviews and prepares annual budgetary requirements for consideration by superior;
- Studies and recommends improvements in purchasing procedures, forms, and processes; Initiates and recommends change for continuous improvements of purchasing activities through studies of purchasing policies and procedures;
- Ensures that proper and adequate insurance coverage is secured for the movement of goods inland transit;
- Prepares discrepancy reports on commodities supplied and lodges appropriate claims with the manufacturers/suppliers and coordinate insurance claims related to lose, shortage, damage, and theft of items in transit;
- Ensures the proper maintenance of requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, receiving reports, shipping, and other documents;
- Reviews samples and documents submitted by the suppliers to ensure compliance with procurement requirements, policies, and procedures;
- Assists in budget preparation, budget monitoring, and long-range planning and goal setting for the Society’s Procurement activities;
- liaise with external partners, including government partner offices, NGOs, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Assist the Procurement Manager in procurement management that follows up the procurement plan preparation, implementation, controlling, and day-to-day procurement to ensure high-quality work and accurate completion of duties within the agreed time frame.
- Assist the procurement manager for the smooth workflow of the procurement functions such as planning, coordinating, directing, and supervising the procurement Division activities of the Society
- Facilitates the new procurement needs of the program work units as per the new project proposals MoU signing between ERCS and partners/donors.
- Develops detailed annual procurement plan including, list of the procure goods, services, with their specification, allocated budget and their sources, and breakdown schedule of each procurement in collaboration different work units;
- Ensures that all documents (plans, ToRs, reports) are appropriately documented; Prepares the division progress performance and financial report.
Reporting to: Procurement Division manager
Terms of employment: Contract for one year
Work Unit: Humanitarian supply chain department
Qualification and Professional Experience
- Second/ First Degree in Supply (Chain) Management, Management, Procurement Management, Materials Management, Marketing Management, Business Administration, and 5/7 years relevant experience.
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to ercs-[email protected] before the closing date of this announcement on Jan 20, 2022.
Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply!
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform that we do not accept CV at this stage.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc