Internal and External Vacancy Announcement
Union of Ethiopian Women and Children Associations (UEWCA) is non-governmental, apolitical, non-religious consortium of 80 women; children and girls focused CSOs that are engaging on empowerment and gender equality in all regional states and city administrations of the country. It is established in 2010 as a platform to voice the voice of its members and beneficiaries as well as capacitate and coordinate the efforts of its member CSOs towards women, girls and children empowerment; and realization of gender equality.
Currently, UEWCA is implementing different projects focused on addressing Social Accountability, Climate Change, Gender Responsive Budgeting, and Modern Slavery, Women Voice & Leadership issues with the fund obtained from VNG-International/ESAP, FEMENT, Farm Africa, Un Women, Action Aid, Plan International and OXFAM.
It is therefore seeking to hire qualified and experienced professional for the following vacant Positions.
The SA M&E Officer will be stationed in Addis Ababa where the project is operating. She/he is responsible for overall monitoring, data collection, knowledge management and support to evaluation in the SA project and its intervention woredas. She/he is required to undertake significant work in Addis Ababa where the ownership of the SA projects is located.
Key tasks of the SA M&E Officer expert:
- Support the Project Coordinator in activity planning and budget forecasting – so that every team member (as well as the contract partners) understands the project activities and results indicators, and how to monitor these;
- Provide technical and coaching support to all the Woreda SA experts in the contract (including those employed by partners) so that they develop M&E skills such as, work planning for results, reflective activity diary, timely and regular data collection and mobile data uploading, monthly reflection in the project team meeting, and quarterly reporting.
- Plan own activities in coordination with the SA project coordinator and the gender and social inclusion expert, including joint monitoring and technical support trips with them as per the needs of the Woreda SA experts (and partners in the contract).
- In project team meetings, discuss and reflect on the practice stories from a process and results perspective, and use M&E data to improve implementation performance – document interesting practice lessons and results, and support the project coordinator with dissemination to stakeholders using social and local media;
- Ensure timely and regular completion of M&E data forms by Woreda SA experts (e.g. essential SA meetings, facility score card and progress/final accomplishment, monthly SAC review meeting, SAC membership), and provide him/her with data generated to facilitate woreda level monitoring of the SA process;
- Ensure that key project events and documents (e.g. Joint Action Plan/JAP) are properly documented and stored in woreda office, project office and Head office, together with Woreda SA experts;
- Ensure progress of program implementation against indicators is documented and that activities are on track, according to action plan, together with Project Coordinator;
- Support the SA Project Coordinator with progress and results analysis of monthly Woreda SA expert reports and field trip reports from joint monitoring with the SA Project Coordinator and/or Gender and Social Inclusion Expert – contribute to writing quarterly narrative reports to the MA, and make sure that project progress with process and result indicators is explained;
- Support the Project Coordinator to prepare ESAP3 grantee participation in the regional FTA-SA partnership meetings for sector responsiveness, policy dialogue, and SA systems development with innovation grants – organize with the SA and M&E Officers from other clusters, if required actively participate in the meetings, and follow-up with relevant regional government offices (e.g. monitoring units of BoFED and the sector bureaus)
- Participate in and provide input to learning and capacity development events organized by the MA/Hubs with the federal/regional governments and relevant sector ministries/bureaus– actively network with SA M&E Officers in other SA projects, and roll-out agreed M&E actions to the project team.
- Upon request of the project coordinator, organize and participate in monitoring visits either planned by ESAP3 MA, or requested by government, and development partners;
- Upon request of the project coordinator, support ‘ESAP3 innovation grantees’ as well as ESAP3 baseline and end-line activities and other research activities for Impact Evaluation
Terms of Employment : One year with possible extension
Required Candidate : One
Reports to: Project Coordinator
- MA/BA in Social science, statistics, economics and related field
- Six/Eight years M&E Experience of a project
- Social Accountability (SA) experience is a bonus
- Strong analytical skills – good with Excel
- Proven documentation and English writing skills
- Good network with other M&E experts – and active on social media
- Willingness to spend significant time in the woredas – 25% travel
- Experience with mobile data collection is a bonus
How to Apply
Applicants who fulfill the above mentioned requirements could submit cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae along with supporting documents/credentials in person within five working days of this announcement to the following address.
Union of Ethiopian Women and Children Associations (UEWCA)
Tel:-0116-36-81-51 Office location:-Yeka Sub –City Worda,08
Around:-Yeka Sub-City Chefe Health Center Near to Magic Carpet School
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc