The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Supply Chain Officer 1, based in Addis Ababa.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support in addition to mentioned duties and responsibilities when necessary.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives, plans and prioritizes orders (SR) from assigned requester departments, sub-delegations and other sites and ensures a good electronic and hard filing of the SR’s.
- Follow up requester’s IRIS acknowledges/reception of SRs, indicating sourcing and approximate time of delivery.
- Prepares/release SO JDE/IRIS for the orders which are from stock.
- Processes ST/OT for upstream orders
- Closes and files SRs both electronically with related messages, invoices and other documents.
- Receives and attribute in and out messages via STM.
- Follows on logistics dashboards to improve performance and provides statistics.
- Collaborates with forecaster and planner for any requested information and give support/replace the forecaster/medical planner when necessary and requested.
- Follows eventual problems and suggests improvement in any part of the supply chain.
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments.
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position.
- Collects and shares information so as to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses.
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image.
- Takes responsibility for their own professional learning and development.
- Contributes to the analysis of the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment relevant to the ICRC and share relevant information with colleagues.
- Reports events and changes within the region that could have an impact on ICRC’s activities and hence provides sound elements to the Delegation that allow to establish objectives and priorities.
Education, experience and competencies required
- Bachlor degree in logistics & supply chain management, administration or equivalent.
- 3 years previous experience in administration or within a supply-chain or logistics department.
- Good knowledge of the supply chain.
- Good command of spoken and written English and the local working language.
- Computer literacy; good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of enterprise resource planning software an asset.
- Driving License (3rd grade)
How to Apply
You can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (Around Megenagna, in front of EIAR, around Egziabher ab church OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O.Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Closing date: January 23, 2021
Women applicants and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc