Reports to Supply Chain Manager General Manager and Managing Director
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: For Six months Contract and possibility for permanent
Belayab Pharmaceuticals Plc. (referred to as Belayab Pharmaceuticals from now on) is looking for a supply chain officer.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Supply Chain Management
I. Oversight and supervision of pharmaceutical purchasing staff and coordination of purchasing activities for the Pharmacies and import operations.
ii. Lead contracting efforts to: 1. Evaluate and negotiate contracts related to pharmaceutical cost, distribution, technology, and automation.
2. Optimization of contract compliance through evaluation and audit of wholesaler pricing systems.
3. Ensure systematic and timely audit of contract changes to ensure accurate and timely pricing updates.
4. Leverage contracting relationships with pharmaceutical manufacturers, vendors, and suppliers to achieve improved cost of goods.
iii. Manage purchasing activities to ensure timely and efficient coordination with appropriate committees to support prescribing and distribution processes.
i. Establish and monitor inventory tracking systems for all products to ensure product availability and supply integrity.
1. Oversee and audit computerized inventory systems for the transfer of product, maintenance of item master files, and perform quality control of system output records.
2. Oversee and audit medication inventory systems to ensure inventories are stocked to meet the needs of patient care while minimizing costs, outdates and to promote efficiency.
3. Manage high cost/low use inventory stocking processes to reduce cost and coordinate inventory across all sites of utilization ii. Lead annual inventory counts in coordination with Internal Audit Department.
3. Cost management
i. Serve as an expert advisor on supply chain forecasting related to:
1. Pharmacy spend and trend budgeting
2. Vendor market intelligence
3. New pharmaceutical launches
ii. Perform analysis of contracting opportunities, calculate savings and communicate savings analysis to pharmacist peers and physicians.
iii. Establish and achieve cost reduction goals.
1. Perform cost/financial analysis and forecasting for wholesaler, acute and nonacute facilities and specialty vendor purchases.
2. Collaborate with wholesaler representatives to advantage contract and rebate opportunities.
iv. Monitor variances from operating statements related to purchases, returns, inventory issues, and vendor credits.
B. Drug shortage systems
i. Monitor local and national drug shortages and implement tactics to maintain supplies.
ii. Monitor critically short items and the emergency medication supply.
iii. Provide supply chain expertise to Drug Policy Program to mitigate drug shortages and work with pharmacy managers to implement necessary changes to purchasing and automation systems.
1. Participate in department’s strategic plan development and execution of assigned goals.
2. Identify and develop business cases for pharmacy services based upon anticipated future needs, practice advancement, and organizational priorities for inclusion in the department strategic plan.
3. Work independently and guide others in the design, development and implementation of innovative solutions, or design and implement improvements to existing pharmacy processes.
4. Develop and implement initiatives to increase efficiency of the pharmacy supply chain workforce.
5. Lead space planning, remodeling and moves for assigned areas and staff in collaboration with Facilities.
6. Mentor and develop residents and pharmacists in planning/project management as members of the project team via direction, supporting, coaching, and delegating as appropriate.
7. Participate and/or lead, as pharmacy representative, organization quality improvement initiatives/projects.
8. Maintain an expertise in the selection and use quality improvement methodologies/tools to maximize project outcomes.
9. Provide leadership and oversight to resident major projects.
10. Develop and maintain an expertise in change management tools and theories.
11. Lead development of resources to assist pharmacists with strategies to advance innovative research, education and project ideas.Belayab Pharmaceuticals PLC Addis Ababa Ethiopia | www.belayabpharmaceuticals.com
C. Financial Management
1. Manage the month-to-month variance reporting for the operating budget.
2. Manage the month-to-month preparation and monitoring of pharmacy workload reports.
3. Lead the development of monthly financial reports for senior leadership
. 4. Serve as the pharmacy liaison for the finance department.
5. Lead the development of the capital and operating budgets.
6. Manage the invoice process between pharmacy and accounts payable to assure bills are accurate and paid.
- Strategic Thinking and Leadership
- Strong Business Acumen ▪ Results Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
- People Development & Management
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited college of pharmacy.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration preferred.
How to Apply
Please send an email to [email protected] with the subject “Supply Chain June 2021”
- Address Addis Ababa
- Qualification BA/BSc