Hope for Justice is an INGO, we exist to bring an end to Modern slavery by preventing exploitation, rescuing victims, restoring lives, and reforming society. Website: www.HopeforJustice.org
Program Area- Hossana and Bahir dar
No of people required- Two
- Conduct street outreach work to identify and invite children living and working on the street of Hossana to Exodus Lighthouse/Bright light house
- Provide educational catch up classes on a daily basis to boys at Exodus Lighthouse/Bright light house after assessing each child and developing an individual learning plan.
- Provide Life Skills training on the importance of education and learning skills for boys at ELH/BLH
- Participate in Lighthouse activities such as supervision of play, staff meetings, educational outings, child care review meetings.
- Professional assessment of each child’s ability and designing a learning programme to meet their individual needs
- Conducting regular and planned teaching programmes relevant to individual children’s needs
- Follow-up of those children who are not regular attendees of educational programme
- Participate in regular child care review meetings to help the team build on strategies to best help individual children/their behaviours/their life-plans
- Manage and distribute school materials at the lighthouse and for reintegration
- Keep good, accurate and confidential records of all assessments, attendance and classes.
- Keep accurate records of street outreach activities.
- Contribute to monthly M&E report with accurate and timely data.
- Maintain policies, procedures and systems that provide the requisite safeguarding measures for children accessing our services in collaboration with the Country DCPO.
- Uphold and work within Hope for Justice’s policies and procedures, including Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child & Vulnerable Adult Protection policies.
- Promote Hope for Justice’s core values of Honoring, Openness, Professionalism and Empowerment across the organization and partners
- Undertake any other duties, as appropriate to the post, as delegated by Project Manager
- Represent the organization in different review meeting, workshop and network meetings.
- BA in Pedagogy or Teaching
- At least 3 years’ experience
- Experience working with vulnerable children and families
Key Skills & Attributes
- Proficiency of Hadiyissa Language is mandatory
- Computer literacy in all Microsoft Office functions
- Ability to write accurate, concise and informative reports
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills,
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written are required
- Able to work with youth from all backgrounds
- Be empathetic and have an understanding of the issues surrounding vulnerable youth
- Flexibility to cope with unexpected situations
- Resolute and committed to achieving high quality standards and striving for excellence.
- Be proactive in pursuing this within Hope for Justice.
How to Apply
All qualified applicants can send an application letter and 2-3 page CV to Hope for Justice, email to [email protected] . Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please put ‘Teacher/ Street Outreach Worker’ and to which filed office you applied Bahir-dar or Hossana in subject line.
- Address Hossana and Bahir dar
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc