- A master’s degree in health or Gender studies or similar relevant field
- Solid experience within EU funded programmes as Team leader
- Fluent in English (basic knowledge of Amharic is an advantage)
- Knowledge of grant management or experience in EU funded grant management programmes (experience with EDF procedures is desired)
We offer a contract for the duration of the programme (max 3 years) with Mott MacDonald.
For a programme in Ethiopia Mott MacDonald is positioning for, we are looking for a TEAM LEADER.
About the programme
The EU funded Technical Assistance to support the Ministry of Health and Regions to manage the Social Determinants of Health (SDH) for Gender Equality program in Ethiopia project aims to support the Government of Ethiopia to improve the well-being of Ethiopian citizens with the development of Regional Grants. The objective of the Regional Grants is to improve the social determinants affecting health and gender inequalities in 3 Developing Regional States: Afar, Benishangul Gumuz and Gambella, with a focus on Harmful Traditional Practices, Gender-Based Violence, family planning and nutrition. As such, it aims at contributing to the efforts of the Government of Ethiopia to reduce poverty and engage in inclusive growth through improved health and nutrition outcomes. The main beneficiaries of the grants are women, adolescent girls and children under five years of age. The technical assistance will support the regions to develop Grant Proposals and provide assistance during implementation of the Grants.
All – Ethiopia
The Team Leader will be based at the Ethiopian Ministry of Health. The role of Team Leader consists of (among others) the following tasks;
- Oversee programme progress and management
- Writing of progress reports according to EU requirements
- Day to day team management
- Manage the relationship with all involved stakeholders at government level
- Manage the relationship with the EU representatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Job details page image
- Address Ethiopia
- Qualification BA/BSc, MBA/MSc/MA