Wetlands International (WI) General Information and Background:
Wetlands International is dedicated to safeguarding and restoring wetlands for people and nature. We are driven by the knowledge that safeguarding and restoring wetlands is urgent and vital for water security, biodiversity, climate regulation, sustainable development and human health. A Supervisory Council and a Board of the Association of 35 national government and non-governmental organization members govern our global not-for-profit network of 20 independent offices. We bring knowledge into policy and practice, connect local actions in 100 countries to make a global difference, we catalyse actions that support those that use or depend on wetlands, and we are passionate about the positive change we make for people and nature. See our website (www.wetlands.org) for more information on the values, strategies and policies that guide our work.
WI is requesting proposals from licensed certified public accounting firms to audit its financial statements for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2020, with the option of auditing its financial statements for the subsequent three (3) fiscal years. The Documents to be audited is with the box files of 15Pcs.
1. Objectives of the Audit:
The objective of the audit is for the auditors to conduct audit reviews as follows:
- The auditors shall express an independent professional opinion as to whether the financial statements present fairly, in all material respects, the financial position of WI in accordance with the International best practice in the non-profit industry.
- The audit shall be carried out in accordance with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and in accordance with a law of Democratic Republic of Ethiopia agency for civil Society Organizations Particularly Proclamation No 1113-2019.
- The Audit shall establish whether or not appropriate supporting documents, records and books of accounts relating to all activities have been kept. Clear linkages should exist between the books of accounts and the financial statements presented.
- Produce complete and accurate financial statements of Income and expenditure during the period under review.
Thorough research must be conducted for benchmarking purposes and estimation of overall hours by the organization inviting tenders, the overall hours should be the basis for evaluation of the following in the bidding process:
- Audit firms based in Ethiopia and registered with the Office of the Accounting and Auditing Board of Ethiopia will be eligible to apply and enclose copy of legal registration with the relevant government office (VAT registration, TIN, Renewed Business Licence, Professional Certificate and Firm Registration Certificate)
- Explanation of the approach to performing an external audit, including the audit methodology, nature, timing and extent of audit procedures to be performed;
- Demonstration of experience and expertise of external auditing for non-governmental organizations;
- Incorporating CV’s of the proposed professional staff of the core management team proposed for the engagement and the authorized representative submitting the proposal. Key information should include the position of the individual in the company, the role that the individual will have in the engagement, number of years’ experience, all tertiary and professional qualifications, professional memberships, experience, and degree of responsibility held in various assignments during the last three (3) years. CVs must be a maximum one (1) page per staff member.
- Proof of experience in performing external audit services: list current and past clients where the bidder carried out external audit along with the name of the organization, contact person, designation, contact number, nature of the external audit service and length of the appointment for at least two (2) non-governmental organizations where you have rendered external audits services in the last three (3) years.
- Proposals must remain valid from the submission date.
How to Apply
For any clarification relating to this bid, questions should be addressed to [email protected], until March 10, 2021. Replies for these quarries may be sent by email on or before March 13, 2021.
Signed and stamped tender offers with enclosed envelop have to be submitted to WI office located in 22 Area, Congo Zemachoch Sefer- on the road diverting from Lex Plaza building and leading to Balderas Condominiums. Tel +251-0116-672979, in Addis Ababa (Yeka sub-city, Woreda 07 and house no 531/1) before closing date and time: March 16, 2021, 3:00 PM (Afternoon 9:00 local time). Any tender received after the closing date/time shall not be considered.
- Address Addis Ababa