|Job title:||Transport Manager|
|Location:||Head office – Addis Ababa|
|Reports to:||Logistics Coordinator|
|Number of Posts||1 (One)|
|Closing date:||June 19, 2021|
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years across all the region of the country towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
ABOUT THE POSITON:
The Transport Manager will lead, empower, and develop the Transport team. Safely and effectively manages his/her team, fleet and other resources in a customer focused and cost-efficient manner to meet business requirements and support profitable growth. Identifies risks, issues and opportunities and deploys innovative solutions and techniques in response to the transport team to improve operations and programme delivery.
Key Duties/Task List:
Fleet, Motors, and generator Management
· Supervises and ensures the functions of the transport section in accordance with GOAL Fleet manual guidelines.
· Closely monitor the overall condition and safety of GOAL vehicles, motorcycles, generators, and rental vehicles to provide effective and efficient transport service for quality programme delivery.
· Ensure the fleet policy is adhered to by both GOAL employees and partners’ employees.
· Enforce compliance to statutory requirements by ensuring that GOAL vehicles are always correctly insured and licensed. In addition, should ensure all rental vehicles by GOAL have proper insurance and licensing documents.
· In coordination with the LogsCo, coordinate the countrywide fleet resources and analyze the existing fleet usage to determine future requirements for the Fleet.
· Provide all necessary support to transport team and ensure full implementation of vehicle management is in line with GOAL standards and requirements.
· Ensure that all relevant personnel are fully aware of and trained in their responsibilities with respect to the Country Fleet Policy.
· Transport Manager should check that all rules are being adhered to including both GOAL employees and external employees (e.g. drivers of rented vehicles that have been provided by the rental company and partners drivers issued vehicles on loan for project implementation).
· Regularly analyzing the information in each of the Vehicle Log Books, combining this with other specific fleet information, presenting it in the Fleet Status Report, and monthly submission to the Logistics Coordinator.
· Receive regular fleet reports from transport and logistics officers, analyse the information for each vehicle & generator, check irregularities if any and recommend corrective action and submit to the Logistics Manager a monthly report.
· Follow up the rental vehicle utilization every month and report to budget holders. Work closely on the BMT (Budget Management Tool) actual expenses and forecast.
· Ensure that a system of Fleet Planning is devised to deliver the most efficient Fleet service within the programme. This should incorporate systems for booking vehicles and drivers considering down time for planned maintenance and repairs.
Repairs and Maintenance
· Ensure that the most efficient, cost-effective means of repairing and maintaining vehicles is found; whether by means of GOAL workshops or local garages.
· Ensure that all vehicles are regularly maintained and serviced according to schedule.
· Ensure a preventive maintenance/service schedule is in place and is adhered to wholly by keeping clear records (job cards) of all maintenance of vehicles which are to be kept in separate individual vehicle files.
· Ensure efficient fuel usage by checking on vehicles average fuel consumption rate using the consumption (litres) per KM indicator.
· Fuel usage management on both coupon and E-card at HO level including fuel usage recording, handling of electronic fuel card, fuel replenishment on monthly base.
· Ensuring that all accidents or other incidents are reported, recorded correctly, and investigated and with coordination with the Safety & Security Officer improve safety standards on an ongoing basis.
· The Transport Manager is responsible to manage the performance of transport team.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other policy, rules and regulation of the organization.
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
· Degree/Diploma in fleet or Logistics management or related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience managing fleet.
· Excellent team player and able to provide leadership.
· Demonstrated planning skills to deal with multiple tasks.
· Good computer skills; must have strong data skills in Excel and Database management.
· Strong communication and training skills.
· Experience liaising with government bodies, and partner organisations.
· Must have a valid driving license.
Desirable qualities, Skills and Competences:
· Additional training in Auto mechanics is an advantage
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
- GOAL will pay a competitive basic salary based on the salary grading with addition benefits.
- A chance to develop tangible experience.
- Being part of a team who continue to make a real difference to the lives of the most vulnerable people.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title & Duty station need to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can apply using the following option.
- Applicants can directly apply online using [email protected]
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc