Splash is an international development organization founded in 2007 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, USA. Our mission is simple: we clean water for kids. To date, we have reached over 600,000 children in cities around the world. In 2019, we embarked on an exciting, five-year initiative, Project WISE (WASH in Schools for Everyone), to reach every government school in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Kolkata, India with improved water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) infrastructure, WASH behavior change programs, and strengthened school-based menstrual health programs. Splash is working with government to reach 100% of government schools in Addis Ababa with full WASH coverage by the end of 2023, and is in a process of expanding its operations into additional geographies, beginning in Ethiopia.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People – People first. People second. People third.
- Quality – Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty – No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy – Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes – Make them, don’t repeat them.
Splash values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants for employment.
To learn more, please visit www.splash.org.
The WASH Project Manager will oversee planning and execution of Project WISE infrastructure and behavior change activities in Bahir Dar. S/he will build and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders at sub-city and site levels, as well as local implementing partners and Splash colleagues. The WASH Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring program quality in all phases of school-based activities.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Oversee all infrastructure and behavior change activities implemented by local partner organizations.
- Work closely with the Splash Addis and global teams to identify gaps in school level deployment strategies and joint initiatives to create and test new and improved approaches.
- Ensure program quality and standards are reflected in planning and teams understand them and can execute them.
- In consultation with the Head of Program Operations and BC/Partnership Senior Manager develop and periodically revise a functional engagement and collaboration platform with sub-city offices of Education and Construction
- Organize relevant engagement platforms with sub-city/woreda level stakeholders and ensure they provide inputs in planning and implementation of works in schools
- Engage with the MLE and program teams towards the development of better approaches in implementation and ensuring program quality.
- Initiate strong partnership with school management, offices of education and construction in site selection and handover of works to contractors
- Plan and provide capacity building initiatives to harness the efficiency of the engagement of the stakeholders in the project
- Resolve emerging issues in consultation with school and the sub-city /woreda management
- Maintain and update regular communication with respective government stakeholders through reporting and on-site meetings
- Serve as an internal expert and champion for Splash’s global program standards, working closely with Splash technical specialists and partners.
- Compile monthly, quarterly, and annual activity, financial and narrative reports
- Ensure that relevant data are captured and uploaded on Salesforce, Asana, and other data recording tools.
Reports To: Program Implementation Director
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual salary for this position will be commensurate with experience and reviewed at least annually.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field (e.g., Project Management, Public Health, Education, Community Development, Social Psychology).
- At least eight years of working experience and demonstrated knowledge on project management, planning and coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a WASH project with emphasis to project cycle management.
- Excellent communication skills among staff, donors, and government stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in managing relationships with stakeholders, school management and government representatives
- Highly proficient in providing oversight to project implementation.
- Proven experience managing staff, and demonstrated success in collaborating with a senior management team
- Professional fluency in Amharic and English
- You are part of a team – you enjoy collaboration and supporting the success of others
- You exhibit absolute integrity, honesty, openness, and sound judgment
- You are innovative and creative: you constantly seek better ways to accomplish objectives
- You are an excellent communicator, with the ability to listen and communicate effectively
- You have a deep belief in and passion for Splash’s work and the children we serve
- You are willing and able to work in Bahir Dar
- You are willing and able to participate in meetings outside of normal business hours, as needed
- Address Bahirdar, Amhara
- Experience Level Manager
- Qualification BA/BSc