The Bilateral Ethiopia Netherlands Effort for Food, Income and Trade Partnership (BENEFIT) was established in 2016 to unite four already running agricultural development programmes in Ethiopia that were supported by the Embassy of the Kingdom of Netherlands. The umbrella project is coordinated by the Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation and supported by the Dutch Embassy in Ethiopia.
This umbrella project consist of:
- integrated seed sector development (ISSD)
- capacity building for scaling up of evidence-based best practices in agricultural production (CASCAPE)
- Ethio-Netherlands trade facilitation for agribusiness (ENTAG)
- sesame business network support (SBN)
- Later a fifth programme was added, on realising sustainable agricultural livelihood security (REALISE)