GIZ- Internal/ External Vacancy Announcement #057/2022
Strengthening Rural Value Chain (SRVC)
SRVC supports the Ethiopian government and private sector organizations to improve the income and employment situation of actors along agricultural value chains of selected fruit, vegetable, oil crop, and other preferred commodities. The SRVC implements its project activities in selected woredas of Oromia, Amhara, and Sidama regions.
Duration of contract: May 01, 2022 – December 31, 2024
Responsibilities and Tasks
Administrative Tasks (Procurement/Events)
- small procurement below 1.000 EUR
- prepare service request documents
- logbook follow up and compile the report on monthly basis
- taking minutes of meeting whenever is needed.
- preparing official letters
- photocopies and scan documents as needed
- filing of documents according to GIZ Rules & Regulation
- flight booking, hotel booking
- event organizing
- handles per diems and transport allowance for workshop participants
- quality check of invoices from venues
- prepares payment requests from utilities
- initiation of vouchers including supporting documents
- taking a corrective action according to internal control report recommendation
- perform other duties and tasks at the request of the supervisor
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree (BA) in Accounting, Business Management or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years professional experience in related field
- Good knowledge of standard computer application such as MS Office application
Other knowledge, additional competences
- knowledge of GIZ rules & regulations and systems is a plus
- proven knowledge of English and Amharic language, written and spoken.
- trustworthiness and ability to maintaining strict confidentiality and observing data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- ability to organize and prioritize several tasks at the same time.
- ability to work independently, unsupervised and as part of a multicultural and international team.