The Soufflet Group is a French family-owned business which is collecting and adding value to agricultural raw materials through industrial milling and malting among other activities. France’s top private cereal collector, the Group is also a major player in supplying inputs to farmers cultivating various field crops.
In malting, it is a front-rank world player on the malt market with 28 malt plants in Europe, Latin America, Asia and Africa, located at the heart of the barley producing regions.
Varietal selection, seed multiplication, choosing the best quality barley for its malt plants and the precision of its manufacturing process all enable it to produce the finest malt for its brewer customers.
For more information: https://www.soufflet.com/en/our-sectors/barley-supply-chain/malting
Soufflet has started its operation in Ethiopia in 2017 is commissioning its malt factory in Addis Ababa while actively working on local malt barley sourcing.
To manage the supply chain and commercial and sales of seeds, chemicals and procurement of barely Soufflet is looking to hire its Barley Supply Chain Manager.
Core Mission :
The Barley Supply Chain Manager is in charge to establish an operational team (commercial and technical team, collection points, transportation to temporary storages and to the factory) for promoting the growth of malting barley in the Regions where the company is operation and/or projects to develop its procurement activities to supply its malting factory located in Addis Ababa.
Major Responsibilities :
The major responsibilities of Barely Supply Chain Manager :
- Define the budget of the Regions in terms of volumes of collected barley, revenue, gross margin, expenses and results. Once approved, monitor their implementation to achieve the objectives.
- Determine with the Field Coordinators and/or Field Executives the Region’s business objectives by sector and client, and prioritize actions to increase market share.
- Lead the sales force in each Region and ensuring compliance with trade policies defined.
- Assist Field coordinators and/or Field Executives in difficult negotiations.
- Ensure customer satisfaction in all Regions, the rapid settlement of disputes. In general, ensure the proper performance of the commercial team.
- Supervise, coordinate and monitor, in collaboration with the Logistic Manager, the operations from delivery of inputs to malting barley procurement, storage and delivery to the factory.
- Implement any assigned activities related to warehouse management and barley quality management.
- Lead, motivate, and train the staff:
– by leading and motivating the entire staff of the region, controlling the objectives, conducting interviews and annual performance evaluation,
– defining with his line manager the levels of staff remuneration, salary increases, bonus or penalties,
– being responsible for improving the performance of all staff, with attention to their training and thrive,
-being responsible for working conditions, respect for hygiene and safety in the storages.
- Implement procedures and quality systems that are applicable (including the recovery of defects and customer complaints), and their enforcement by the people he supports
- Implement, manage and report the daily and weekly positions regarding purchases of barley, sales of seeds, sales of any inputs in terms of volume, value and margin. Monitor and control the regional positions, and bring to Management any further information and feed-back to ensure a clear reporting of the activity.
- BSC or MSc in Agricultural Economics , Agribusiness or related fields
2. Experience and Knowledge
- Above 7 Years of experience in Food and Agro-Processing or FMCG industry related experience. Out of which 3 years as a manager or supervisor
- Experience in field agronomy tasks , working with farmers, associations and government offices is advantageous
- Knowledge & experience on commercial and sales of agricultural inputs like seeds, chemicals and others is mandatory
- Good computer skills
3. Language : Fluency in English (oral and written) and Afan Oromo is a strict requirement
How to Apply
· Applicants who will meet the requirements are encouraged to apply on the following email address before 11th May :
· Email: [email protected]
· Application Deadline: May 11 , 2021
· Note: Please indicate the position you are applying in your email subject.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Manager
- Qualification BA/BSc