Job Description :
Welcome to the Diageo world of exciting possibilities, a world of celebrating life every day, everywhere.
Diageo is a truly global organisation with over 28,000 talented people and a presence in 180 countries. Across our 21 markets, our brand portfolio represents our biggest strength, and our biggest passion. Be it our global giants, local stars or reserve brands we use our vision, creativity and courage to drive the growth of our products worldwide. We invent strong brands for today and for the future; upholding the quality of our products and taking personal accountability for both the history and for the future of our brands.
We have more than 6,500 people working with Diageo in Africa: our Africa businesses account for over 20% of Diageo workforce worldwide. In all that we do, we seek to bring out the best of our Diageo values and release the ‘spirit of joy & community’ which is alive across the African continent. In Africa we create wealth both directly through our operations and indirectly through our broader value chains where we support development and growth in partnership with businesses and communities.
Thirteen of our production sites in Africa are in water stressed areas; so much of our focus is on managing water use in our operations effectively and reducing water poverty in surrounding communities through our pan-African Water of Life programme. Since its launch in 2006, we have brought safe drinking water to around 10 million people.
We are committed to our vision of being ‘the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer goods company. To be a part of Diageo is to be a part of history – and to have the unrivalled opportunity to make your own mark in history.
Purpose of the role
The role will be accountable, along with the rest of the Diageo – Meta Abo SC Executive Team, for delivery of the total Diageo business plan including addressing challenges & shortfalls.
Key responsibilities include:
- Business value creation
- Enable the business to manage risk in a dynamic environment
- Defining, developing, integrating and ultimately being accountable for strategy and annual operating plans.
- Partner with the MD and Executive Team to deliver holistic performance
- Ensures highest standards of corporate governance
- Deliver 2020 Finance Transformation
- Partner with the Exec to provide the thought leadership and challenge on performance and strategic issues
- Manage key elements of financial planning, closing and reporting processes (Strategic Plan, AOP, Outlook, actuals and O&R) for P&L, balance sheet and cash flow
- Partner with Financial systems team and the Diageo Enterprise Operations to build and deliver a financial systems integration roadmap
- Lead and support the delivery of process simplification and standardization
- Develop an efficient and effective planning process for the organization, ensuring all internal and external factors are considered in developing a robust plan
Qualification and Experience required
- A proven track record of building and leading high performing teams and achievement of stretching goals with at least 10 years’ experience at regional or senior management level in a blue-chip leading-edge finance / commercial environment
- An in-depth knowledge of the Finance Function disciplines and people development
- Strong leadership of cross functional teams
- Deep & broad financial & commercial experience
- Proven track record of delivering strong business performance and growth
- Ideally a Chartered Accountant
- Experience in the fast-moving consumer goods industry would be an advantage as would having worked in a multinational environment
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
- Address Addis Ababa, Ethopia
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Qualification BA/BSc, MBA/MSc/MA