Contract Duration: Definite period
- To ensure that Concern’s Financial policies and procedures are implemented consistently throughout each projects in order for Concern to achieve its objectives;
- To maintain and regularly update Finance related information;
- To manage Concern worldwide Gambella Sub-office Finance activities in line with professional principles and Concern Worldwide Ethiopia’s rules and regulation
Main Duties & Responsibilities;
- Coordinate with other team members to complete financial requirements for Action plans and prepare reports for relevant parties such as Government, Concern and Donors as necessary.
- Undertaking other standard financial requirements such as weekly cash count, surprise cash count, checking payroll, undertaking random checks on purchase prices and preparing cash flow requests.
- Prepare and Check monthly financial report and send to HO up to 5th of the next month
- Ensure adequate fund/cash held in programme for planned activities:
- Keep track of monthly cash balances.
- Send monthly cash request to head office on time.
- Ensure the following deadlines are adhered
- Monthly cash books and bank books
- Cash requests from the fields
- Cash transfers to fields and others
- Responsible to fill the gaps when cashier is on annual leave
- Adhere to the necessary accounting, documentation and reporting procedures required for the purchase of items based on purchases/procurement procedure, if any.
- Responsible to check daily financial payments in line with organizational policies and procedures by giving due attention to authorization level and budget codes.
- Ensuring close collaboration and communication with Finance and HR departments at HO to facilitate and smoothen consistent running of the programme
- Work closely and provide technical support to the Cashier
- Check and review the external work done before any payment is effective
- Review and check monthly staffs’ payroll before the payment is effected
- Follow up and make sure that staff under your supervision have accomplished their obligation and execute their daily routine duties well;
- Performing other related duties as assigned by line manager.
- Concern is committed to responding to emergencies efficiently and effectively in order to help affected people meet their basic needs, alleviate suffering and maintain their dignity. To this end, when emergencies strike and the Ethiopia Programme is to respond, all staff are required to actively participate in the response, regardless of location and contribute to the efforts aimed at achieving the humanitarian objective of the organization.
- Demonstrate understanding of Concern Ethiopia’s Gender Equality Strategy
- Contribute to ensuring that Concern Ethiopia is a place where men and women are treated equally and with dignity and respect
- Demonstrate gender equality awareness and gender sensitivity and an ability to integrate a gender equality perspective into tasks and activities.
- BA degree in Accounting, Business Management, Finance or relevant field with min. 5 years’ experience; or
- Min 2 years NGO experience
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children.
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff and working with community members
- Computer Literate
- Fluent spoken & written English
- Report writing ability
- Excellent management capacity
- Good communication and administrative skills
- Excellent Financial management capacity
- Excellent coordination and facilitation skill
What We Offer
- A competitive salary and benefit package
- Excellent medical benefits (100% cover including dependents)
- 20 days annual leave
- 26 weeks (paid) maternity leave, 18weeks(unpaid) parental leave
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy, please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:
Apply in person at Concern Worldwide Gambella Coordination Office , Gambella or Pinyudo
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Safeguarding at Concern: Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies. Additionally, Concern is committed to the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable adults and children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work or volunteer with vulnerable adults and children are recruited by us for such roles. Subsequently, working or volunteering with Concern is subject to a range of vetting checks, including criminal background checking
- Address Pinyudo, Gambela
- Salary Offer 20,000 - 40,000, Less than 20,000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc
- Text Area field Salary: Birr 19,265.00 - 23,042.00