The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2019, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial, and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Gender Equity and Social Inclusion Officer.
The Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) Officer is responsible to assist the GESI Manager in the effort to ensure effective representation and inclusion of women, PWDs and other groups with special needs in all aspects of electoral processes. S/he also assists in the work to facilitate opportunities and mechanisms for such groups to: register, vote, compete, and access information on election processes.
Required number: One
Reports to: Gender Equity and Social Inclusion Manager
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Salary: Attractive (Non Civil Service Scale)
Expected Start Date: Immediately after obtaining the contract
· Assist the GESI Manager in the development and revision of training manuals, voter education manuals, strategy documents, policies, directives, implementation checklists and media messages with GESI considerations.
· Assist the GESI Manager in organizing training opportunities to equip NEBE staff with current knowledge, skills and best practice on GESI;
· When required, provide in-house and stakeholder trainings on GESI;
· Assist the GESI Manager in mainstreaming of GESI considerations in critical parts of election processes;
· Assist the GESI Manager in facilitating engagements with relevant CSOs and media regarding trainings, dialogue workshops and other stakeholder meetings;
· Collect and collate GESI related data from electoral activities as well as NEBE’s internal activities;
· Review partnership proposals and discuss with the GESI Manager on areas of collaboration in GESI related work;
· Prepare, file and document annual/quarterly reports of activities and budget, successes and challenges faced in implementation;
· Perform other tasks assigned by the GESI Manager.
· MA/BA in Gender Studies, Sociology & Social Anthropology, Social psychology, Development Studies and related fields;
· For MA holders: 4 years of relevant experience;
· For BA holders: 5 years of relevant experience;
· Demonstrated expertise in area of gender equality, social inclusion, development of training manuals, provision of trainings, writing reports;
· Expertise in gender planning, gender analysis, mainstreaming, and budgeting;
· Experience in mainstreaming the needs of people with disabilities in the development agenda/ social inclusion;
· Excellent analytical and data gathering skills;
· Ability to work under pressure;
· Ability to work in harmony with other team members;
· Exceptional communication skills and ability to write coherent and analytical reports;
· Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook);
· Not be a member of any political party;
· Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality;
· Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness;
· Conduct self with integrity and function ethically;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel;
· Good command both in Amharic and English.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references via email to [email protected] by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday and Half day on Saturdays.
For more information and detailed Job description, please visit our job portal at www.abhpartners.com/vacancy-announcement-list
Application Deadline: February 02, 2021
Qualified candidates who fulfill the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc