The position holder shall be in charge of technical quality implementation and delivery of the mobile health and Nutrition services in the assigned Woreda.
S/He will mainly be responsible for the daily implementation of the screening, OTP, consultation, outreach EPI, health education, sanitation, safe motherhood and child health as per the guideline of Mobile health and Nutrition teams. In addition the position holder is also expected to provide supervision, technical assistance and capacity building to health extension workers and Health workers in health facilities. She/he will be responsible for the daily implementation of mobile health and Nutrition services package as per the standard, supporting health facilities assigned as integrated mobile health & Nutrition modality and daily dispensary and drug supply management. He will also be responsible for day to day documentation of screened children and mothers, children admitted to OTP, children and adults treated, people provided for health education, vaccinated children and all provided services accordingly and compile weekly and monthly reports and share with Woreda projects officers and Woreda health offices.
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:|
- Conduct & undertake PHC like consultation & provide proper treatment based on the protocol
- Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the woreda health bureaus
- Strengthening of early referrals mechanism in the Health facilities,
- Ensure pregnant and lactating mothers receive appropriate care and services in the Outreach and health facilities.
- Promote counselling of mothers on early initiation of Breast feeding and continue up to 2 years of age.
- Ensure all essential actions are put in place for sick and healthy babies in the outreach sites.
- Establish Mother to mother support groups in the outreach sites and provide one to one counseling.
- Plan and implement project outlined in the protocol for OTP and SC to achieve objectives of the project.
- The health and nutrition Midwifery Nurse will help facilitate admission of the patient at the OTP, and SC.
- Train and support the HEWs in severe acute malnutrition case management and follow-up (e.g., referral to SC) according to national guidelines.
- Train and support community-based volunteer health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
- Ensure each and every admitted child receives adequate and quality clinical and nutritional care through existing resources.
- Ensure at all times adequately equipped and supplied with the necessary nutritional and clinical requirements – Plumpy’nut, Vitamin A, routine drugs, nutritional equipment’s, nutritional/medical stationeries, etc.
- Assisting the planning and promotion of awareness creation on nutrition and preventative health care issues in the community.
- Perform other extra duties as required.
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)|
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc/College Diploma in Midwifery and/or other health related fields.
- At least Four years working experience in the field out of which two years NGO experience in related field
- Experienced in Midwifery and health program implementation –data collection and compilation, working with counterpart for lasting intervention, training of health workers, etc. Work in harsh circumstances and travel to field
- computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications; knowledge of statistical software –Epi info and SPSS
- commitment to Save the Children values
- proven ability to prepare bi weekly and monthly reports and work independently and in teams
- ability to meet deadlines and in delivering quality work
- To be considered for the post; Fluency in Afar Affe is Mandatory.