Dashen Breweries is a major player in the rapidly developing Ethiopian Brewery market. Our Vision is to be Ethiopia’s Number One Brewing Company and our Purpose is to “Delight Consumers, Enrich Communities and Enhance Ethiopian’s Progress”.
Our flagship Brands, Dashen, Bale’ageru and Lucy are renowned for their great taste and quality. In addition to our Brewery in Gondar, we have a new leading edge Brewery at Debre Birhan, the first of its kind in Africa. Given the continued growth and future expansion of Dashen Breweries, the following opportunity exist.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To oversee management of all areas of the Brewery to effectively and efficiently produce the required volumes of high quality beer as per the standard set by the Company and to ensure capacity is available ahead of demand.
1. Strategic Management
- Participate in the development and implementation of an agreed business strategy for the Brewery to enable focused effort.
- Develop a policies and procedures designed to increase productivity and assure quality
- Provide a positive attitude and strong hands-on leadership and management consistent with Dashen’s Vision, Mission, Values and code of business conduct.
2. Manufacturing & Technical
- Develop and implement a manufacturing plan and establish procedures to continuously improve the manufacturing operations to ensure that beer products meet and exceed established company quality standards
- Develop and implement short, medium and long term production plans to meet sales demand.
- Develop and implement raw material requirement plans.
- Develop and implement equipment maintenance policies, procedures and plans.
- Set operational standards, comparative bench-marking and the implement world class manufacturing practices.
3. Cost Control
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, and manpower
- Ensure the value of Simplicity is engrained in all part of the plant
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction
4. Product Quality and Champions of safety culture
- Implement and maintain systems, procedures and methods to ensure that prescribed product and package quality specifications and standards are achieved and maintained
- Uncompromising quality standards
- Ensure compliance of all applicable product, labor, manufacturing and safety legislation as well as any other applicable statutory requirements.
- Ensure safe conditions and safe behaviors remain front and center
5. Human resource
- Build and enhance skill and competency levels within the manufacturing division
- Maintain and reinforce performance management systems for all employees in the plant.
- Develop direct reports through teamwork, coaching and providing continues feedback
- Manage direct reports to ensure that proper goals, policies and staff activities are followed through
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BSC/MSC in Engineering or science based qualification
- 10 plus years’ experience in the FMCG manufacturing field of which at least five years should have been at management level.
- Previous technical experience in the brewing industry would be an advantage.
- Understanding of the brewing process
- Knowledge of budgets, KPIs and metrics.
- People management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage big and complex brewing operation plant
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should send their application and CV to the following address until January 28, 2021. Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
Qualified Female applicants are highly encourage
Dashen Brewery Share Company,
Gondar and Debrebrehan Plants
E-mail to: [email protected]
Please mention the Title of the position you applied for on the subject line of your email.
- Address Debre Brihan, Amhara
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc