Coordinate sales activities and oversee execution of agreed strategies to meet customer needs, enhance brand equity and ultimately increase revenue generation for DCP in the assigned region within the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee the execution of sales strategies to meet assigned revenue and target metric objectives
- Participate in goal-setting activities and agree goals with Assistant Manager (Sales) and Head of Department.
- Develop work plans for the market with clear approach for adoption.
- Evaluate potential customers and sales leads to determine suitability as a DCP customer
- Review sales plan for previous year and historical sales patterns
- Discuss, agree and obtain sales force commitment towards set targets
- Where customer does not indicate interest Analyze unconverted leads to understand reason for lack of interest.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of Sales officers and sales teams to ensure alignment with the company’s objectives.
- Proactively identify and make recommendations to the HOD on customer needs.
- Periodically review performance of the sales officer against set targets.
- Monitor sales performance in the market and ensure development of effective strategies.
- Develop and manage relationships with key customers in the assigned region and maintain long-term relationships with strategic clients.
- Provide support to sales teams in resolution of escalated sales and/ or customer related issues.
- Coordinate with the marketing team and ensure implementation of promotional activities for the market.
- Forward sales performance metrics and allocations to sales territories to the HOD for approval
- Schedule meeting with Sales officer and sales teams to discuss sales targets, sales performance metrics on regional Markets.
- Evaluate market trends and gather competitive information, identify trends that effect current and future growth of regional sales and profitability.
- Oversee the management of the region’s customer database to support sales initiatives.
- Conduct demand planning and forecasting to manage and ensure product availability for customers at all times.
- Develop and implement tactics and strategies for distributor loyalty.
- Oversee the preparation of annual budget for the sales area and monitor its implementation.
- Collate periodic reports from the market and sales team for review
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head of Department.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in sales, marketing, business administration or a related discipline.
- Post-graduate degree in sales or marketing.
- BA/MA in Marketing/Business Administration /Accounting with 9/6 years’ experience
Skills and Behaviours
- In-depth understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- Very good understanding of sales planning, modelling and business performance analysis.
- Very good understanding of micro and macroeconomic environment, relevant indices, trends and their impact on DCP’s business.
- Very good knowledge of retail/ distributor planning.
- Excellent leadership, networking and people management skills.
- Ability to manage budgets and perform financial analysis.
- Very strong negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to think strategically and holistically.
- Very good project management and organisational skills.
- High level of integrity and a trust-worthy personality.
- Very good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Address Ethiopia
- Qualification BA/BSc