IKEA Range & Supply has the responsibility to develop, design, produce and supply IKEA stores with home furnishing solutions available to the many people
We are looking for you with strong business and sustainability drive, high integrity and willingness to join our start-up team!
About the job
The Sustainability Developer is in charge of leading and supporting the implementation of the IKEA Sustainability strategy.
Purpose of job
The purpose of the Sustainability Developer is support the business development teams to set priorities, verifying sustainability requirements, developing and implementing common action plans with suppliers to meet sustainability goals, in line with Category Plans.
Your tasks will include:
· Support the business development teams in the sustainability assessment of potential new and existing suppliers;
· Supporting in the implementation and verification process for Supplier code of Conduct (IWAY)
· Motivate suppliers and support business development teams in implementation of global sustainability working methods, tools and IT-systems;
· Responsible to collect, verify, aggregate and report the suppliers sustainability data and provide relevant analysis to support business decisions;
· Be an active member of the relevant Global Matrix Group and contribute to the sustainability agenda development by leading and/or contributing to global development projects;
· Facilitate sustainability related trainings for co-workers and suppliers;
· At any time, act as an ambassador of IKEA values and Role Model for Fact-based Business leadership.
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
· Sustainability background (studies, professional experience)
· Motivate suppliers and business teams to continuously maintain and improve compliance and sustainability performance
· Perform analysis and draw conclusions to support the right business decisions and implementations
· Lead projects;
· Have an interest in peoples life at home;
· Drive and commitment to deliver better product for the many people.
· Excellent knowledge of Amharic and English
· Honest with high integrity
· Highly willing to travel
- Address Addis Ababa
- Qualification BA/BSc