LOCATION: central zone, Tigray (T/maychew, Embasseneyti, Hahayele)
Level 3: The role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g., once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The position holder shall be in charge of technical quality implementation of the TSFP/OTP/SC program in the woreda. S/He will mainly be responsible for the bi-weekly/weekly implementation of the TSFP/OTP/SC and outreach works in collaboration with the government most importantly the Woreda Health Office. Provide on job training to for HW/HEW and provide a consistent and high quality technical support in relation to establishing and strengthening TSFP, Stabilizing Centre and OTP sites and strengthening the implementation of Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition. S/He will monitor Community Health Workers and volunteers in strengthening the community mobilization and outreach component of the program. The officer is also responsible to lead the implementation, strengthen the linkage between therapeutic cares in the TSF, site distributions and ensure regular and timely report compilation and submission is done in the Targeted Supplementary Feeding Program (TSFP).
|SCOPE OF ROLE: TSFP Officer
Reports to: Nutrition coordinator
Dimensions: Host community and IDPS
Staff directly reporting to this post: none
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Ensure smooth and accurate running of TSFP
· Ensure that IMAM protocols are strictly followed and implemented
· Supervise the Registrar/Measures, ensure that patients admitted, together with his/her caretaker are given information on the center is organize/running, the reason for admission and the treatment protocol.
· Ensure that the objectives of the TSFP activities are reached
· Ensure the smooth-running of the centers (Health posts, FDCs) under any expected circumstances and in case of any staff’s missing
· Making sure of proper forecasting and provision of the food and other supplies for each center in a timely manner
· Ensure that reporting of food commodity flow is properly recorded and accurate
· Ensure timely preparation of the list of the new admission to be submitted to the program
· Ensuring that all the relevant data are properly and accurately recorded on registration books and nutrition cards
· Coordinate the activities with closely with HEWs and nutrition staff.
· Ensure that all program materials are well maintained
2. Provide technical and organizational support TSFP
· Provide continuous and practical training to employed registrars/measures and FDA on nutrition Collaborate with the existing health structures/OTPs to ensure the systematic screening of children who come for consultation and referral if needed.
· Collaborate with the HEWs and woreda health staffs as well CMAM nutrition staffs
3. Supervise the management of the supplementary food and equipment:
· Check that the order forms are in conformity and valid them ;
· To ensure that SFP rations are distributed to the right beneficiary and as per the protocol.
· Check the coherence of the state of the stocks with the orders ;
· Consolidate daily/weekly/ monthly consumption reports.
· Complete the stock report and check the balance
· Take delivery of orders
· Reporting to Nutrition coordinator
· Elaborate weekly/monthly report for the and SFP activities.
· Make distribution reports on a regular basis (weekly / monthly)
· At the end of every month, collect the monthly statistics of the center and compile them as monthly report
· Consolidate weekly/ monthly consumption reports
· Make sure reports are accurate and complete
· Report problems encountered to the Nutrition coordinator
4. Team work and collaboration with the other partner’s health structures and TSFP team
· Work in strong collaboration with HEWs, HDAs, FDAs and nutrition staff in terms of proper referral
· Report problems encountered in the center or within the team to the nutrition coordinator
· Propose solution to solve any problem faced and report them to the Nutrition Program Manager/nutrition coordinator
· Supervising the team daily work. (Work performance/ working time)
· Ensure good communication within the team
· Prepare weekly team’s work schedule and submit to the nutrition coordinator
· Ensure technical support to the team.
5. To guarantee the hygiene in the distribution area
· To ensure hygiene in the warehouse, storage and distribution are properly maintained.
· Make sure before leaving the SFP place that the wastes are properly collected.
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
· Creates an environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Builds and maintains effective relationships with their team, colleagues and with relevant external partners
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
MINIMUM QUALFICATION AND EXPEREINCE
· BSC in Nursing, Public Health, or Nutrition preferred from accredited universities or health colleges
· 2 years working experience with NGOs out of which two year in OTP/TFU/TSFP settings.
Knowledge, training and experience in management of MAM and SAM with/without medical complication
Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
Strong computer (Microsoft skills), and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Good command in written and spoken English and Local language.
Good human relation skills.
Respect of Save the Children values, rules by anyone visiting the program;
Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours
Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions;
– Strong adherence to SCI values;
– Passionate about improving the lives of children
– Non-discriminatory and gender-sensitive
– Women candidates are strongly encouraged for this job profile
– Experience of working with NGO
– Excellent in Spoken and written Tigrinya
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5