About Paradise Valley College
Paradise Valley College is an accredited private higher educational institution, which has been providing its boundaryless service since 1997 E.C./2004 G.C. It offers TVET/Level, first degree (undergraduate programs) and Master degree (graduate programs) in various fields of study. The college is located 250 kilometers, southeast of Addis Ababa in Oromia Regional State, West Arsi Zone, Shashemene Town.
Paradise Valley College (PVC) is committed to provide equal educational opportunities for men and women, and does not discriminate any one on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, religious affiliations, or disabilities. The college believes that everyone has a right to be admitted and treated equally. It welcomes all who want to acquire knowledge and upgrade themselves through quality education and training.
PVC is looking for the highly qualified, skilled, professionals and competent employees for the above positions:
Required Number: 1(One)
Accountable to: TVET Director
Duties and responsibilities of the Secretary
- Contributes to the overall planning and management of the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) functional area/s in close collaboration with the director;
- Develops work plan(s) and ensures timely, efficient and effective implementation of these plans towards the achievement of outputs, outcomes, and alignment with programs priorities;
- Implements and guides students to follow the rules and guidelines of COVID-19 set by BLTO and Ministry of Science and Higher education(MoSHE).
- Monitors and assesses the implementation of activities related to TVET functions; prepares monthly, quarterly, annual and reports;
- Contributes to, and participates actively in the implementation of, the Education Strategies and Policies related to the TVET;
- Coordinates, as necessary, the implementation of his/her assigned functional area/s with internal and external stakeholders …thereby contributing to quality, equitable and inclusive education;
- Supports the integration of cross-cutting issues (gender, protection, youth, Human Rights and inclusion) by mainstreaming them into his/her assigned functional area/s;
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the TVET director.
- Maintain open and effective communications with the TVET director.
- Supervise the performance of employees and foster a work culture that is flexible and encourages diverse thinking and personal initiative;
- Liaise with head office team to identify short term technical assistance required;
- Provide induction, guidance and support to all Program personnel;
- Master’s Degree and above
How to Apply
Female applicants are highly encouraged.
Application due date: Qualified and interested applicants can apply within 10 days from the day of this vacancy announced.
Interested candidates should send their brief job application enclosed with a cover letter, CV, academic documents and other certificates, and copies of work experience via [email protected] / [email protected]Other related academic documents will be checked in person when the applicant is invited for interview and written examination.
Send the hard copies of the mentioned requirements to the following address:
Paradise Valley College (PVC)
Shashemene Campus, Human Resource Office
04 Kebele, Near Tekelehaymanot Church,
P.O. Box: 499, Shashemene
- Address Shashemene
- Qualification BA/BSc, MBA/MSc/MA