Junior Advisor, M&E, PR and Knowledge Management
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement ‘#007/2022’
The Ethio-German Sustainable Training and Education Programme (STEP) improves the employment prospects of young Ethiopians by promoting quality and relevance in vocational training and higher education. In cooperation with the Ministry of Science and Higher Education (MoSHE) as well as related agencies and institutions, the programme establishes strong linkages between the education and the private sector to support the development of a modern education system geared towards employment and economic growth. In this, employers, education providers and public authorities come together to identify their needs and jointly develop education and training solutions that best tackle the skill mismatch.
Duration of contract: 30.11.2024
Responsibilities and Duties
The junior advisor is responsible for all task related to monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the Programme interventions within the respective component. He/She supports establishing a knowledge management system and acts as a focal point for all communication, public relations and visibility related activities. The junior advisor also provides administrative and office management support to the Head of Component and the team members in terms of internal and external coordination and event management. The primary responsibilities include:
– Coordinate with and contribute to the monitoring and evaluation working group inside the programme
– Facilitate and organize all M&E relevant data from the Component
– Develop and maintain a knowledge management system for the component
– Develop content to be used for various communication, PR and visibility related products
– Support the Head of Component and the team in the programme management, such as the development of operational plans, procurement activities, drafting of reports and coordinate cross-cutting issues such as Gender Mainstreaming (together with the Gender Focal Point of the programme), inclusion of people with disabilities and do-no-harm approaches
B. Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Sector specific advisory services:
– Conduct research and reports on regular basis on activities being implemented under the respective component level
– Undertake periodic monitoring and evaluation of activities, including supporting the preparation of periodic and annual M&E work reports, plans and budgets.
– Coordinate with the monitoring working group on Programme level to establish and maintain a result-based monitoring system
– Ensure that component specific M&E data are readily available to the management and programme level monitoring working group, particularly on output, outcome results, impacts and lessons learnt
– Document and report regularly on the status of operational results, adapt this documentation to the different needs of the Programme and other stakeholders
– Provide support for the staff in the component on the M&E process
– Develop and maintain the knowledge management system for the respective component
– Develop – together with the respective experts – content for success stories, press releases and other audio and video products
– Support in organization of major events, conferences and visibility-focused measures
– Support the Head of Component in the management of the team through planning and reporting activities
– Support the Head of Component and the team in planning, reporting and procurement tasks
– Offer secretariat support for overall operations of the respective component
2. Networking and cooperation
– Contribute to the monitoring group on the Programme level and support the establishment of a monitoring system
– Actively engage in cross-cutting issues working groups
3. Knowledge management and coordination
– Support the development and implementation of tools for data management
– Support the development of templates for working and monitoring.
– Share tools and approaches with the team members and relevant partner organizations.
– Support the Component Manager in operational planning and documentation of the support activities
– Support the development of tools and approaches in planning and delivering training.
– Support the monitoring and evaluations measures for enhancing training quality.
4. Other duties/additional tasks
– Initiate, facilitate and coordinate cross-cutting measures in the areas of Gender Mainstreaming (together with the Gender Focal Point of the programme), inclusion of people with disabilities and do-no-harm approaches (together with other experts)
Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the programme or supervisor
– University degree in a topic related field (technical education, education management, Project Management, business development, psychology, social sciences)
– Beginners professional experience in a comparable position in the field of development cooperation, preferably in the area of M&E, knowledge management, PR and cross-cutting issues
– Knowledge about Results-Based monitoring and Evaluation, reporting, communication and knowledge management
– Experience in data collection, statistical analysis, research, and dissemination of results
– Good understanding of cross-cutting issues, especially Gender, inclusion and do-no-harm approaches
Other knowledge, additional competences
– Good Computer skills, especially in Microsoft packages (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Power Point). Knowledge of statistical software packages commonly used for data analysis will be an asset. Strong organizational competences
– Fluent written and oral knowledge of the English and Amharic language
– Good interpersonal skills and willingness to cooperate with various stakeholders
– Good public relations, marketing and communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non- returnable recent CV via Email: [email protected]
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Junior Advisor, M&E, PR and Knowledge Management #007/2022 in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categories applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”
- Address Addis Ababa
- Qualification BA/BSc