Project HOPE is an international NGO of more than 500 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges Project HOPE seeks experienced professionals to support an anticipated evaluation project in Ethiopia. This anticipated project will be for seven months. These positions are contingent upon award.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to treat each other with respect, take affirmative steps to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Trafficking in Persons, and to disclose all potential and actual violations of our Code of Conduct, which may include Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption, Discrimination or Harassment. Together we can reinforce a culture of respect, integrity, accountability and transparency.
POSITION TITLE: Data Collector (#10)
REPORTS TO: Project Coordinator
DUTY STATION: Gimbichu Woreda
DURATION OF CONTRACT: 8-10 days
Purpose of the assignment
Purpose of this survey is to collect the information/data from Gumbichu community on MNCH and WASH. It will try to assess the knowledge, attitude and practice related to maternal, newborn and child health and Water, sanitation, hand washing and latrine utilization related knowledge, attitude, and practice at HH and school level.
Objectives of the assignment
- To assess the availability, coverage and Utilization of MNCH (ANC, Facility Delivery, PNC, Immunization, Postpartum Family Planning, care seeking for SYI and sick children etc), services in Gumbichu woreda.
- To assess the availability, coverage and Utilization of WASH (Hand washing, latrine use, drinking Water management etc) services in Gumbichu woreda.
- To assess the knowledge, attitude, and practices of WASH and Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) among students in Gumbichu woreda.
- Communicate with relevant office at Gumbichu Woreda, and introduce the objectives and the details of the survey
- Randomly identify study subject/respondents at the selected Kebeles (HH and school) based on the sampling technique
- Conduct an interview and digitally collect accurate and quality Household and school data based on the developed survey tool/questioner at the site
- Keep the safety and security of all survey tools and team members
- Submit daily performance update (Report) to the Survey Supervisor
- Establish smooth and conducive teamwork environment
- Be familiar with the data entry platform and understand each interview question
- Receive consent from appropriate person before conducting an interview. Follow the willing of the respondent
- Conduct interview with local language and the preferred by the respondent (Afan Oromo and or Amharic)
- Use ethical and professional interview technique that is culturally appropriate
- Respect the idea of the respondent,
- Create an excellent and conducive interview atmosphere during an interview
- Conduct an interview at the site, HH or school
Deliverables: The data collector will be responsible to deliver the below activities
- Travel to HH and schools of Gumbichu Woreda for data collection
- Reach and collect data s daily for 8 continuous days including weekends
- Expected to collect data from at least 10-15 household or 30-40 school children daily
- Daily report the performance
- Minimum of diploma in health, statistics, social science, and health related field
- Experience in data collection using digital platform particularly on WASH and MNCH
- Familiar with the area -Gumbichu Woreda -an advantage
- Speaking, writing, and reading skill of Afan Oromo and Amharic is required
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send their applications strictly following the below criteria via email through [email protected]
- Application detailing the summary of your relevant experience and well-developed CV
- All application documents must be saved in PDF and combined into one document
- Application deadline January 23, 2022, close of business (5:00 PM)
NB. we will do shortlisting and interviewing on ongoing basis, not awaiting the last date of application
- Address Gimbichu Woreda, Oromia
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc