- Analyse financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain financial records and financial activities within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparation of budgets and reports.
- Codes payment vouchers and files for data processing and/or payment.
- Prepare balance sheet accounts and clears all reconciling items periodically.
- Prepare relevant invoices to various clients for payment and maintain debtors accounts.
- Update data in peach Tree system.
- Reconcile suppliers statements against ledger statements daily basis.
- Prepare payments reports to suppliers with numerous invoices for payment, check the reports against the corresponding invoices to be paid and maintaining suppliers ledger accounts and passing journal vouchers for necessary adjustments
- Prepares periodic financial reports
- Ensure maintenance of proper books of accounts and kept up to date within NEWA policy guidelines.
- Prepares donor report as required by donor ,project contracts
- Prepare year end financial statements, arrange and ensure timely completion of external audits.
- Officiates in the absence of the senior accounts officer.
Department : Finance and Administration
Reports To : Senior Accountant
- Minimal Diploma in Accounting Bachelor
- Desirable Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Computer literate
- Minimal At least 4 year
- Desirable At least 2 years experience in the field of NGO accounting and finance.
- Good communication skills
- Good numerical skills detail oriented
- Good interpersonal skills
- Address Ethiopia