About the Organization:
VisionFund Micro Finance Institution (S.C) is an Institution established according to proclamation No. 40/96 to provide financial services to the productive poor in the rural and urban areas of Ethiopia. VisionFund is currently operating in five of the Regional States of the country. VisionFund MFI is currently looking candidates for the position of Chief Strategy, Marketing and Transformation Officer based at Head Office. The successful candidates will have skills and experience that meet the following requirements:
The Chief Strategy, Marketing and Transformation Officer is responsible for strategy development, marketing, partnership, livelihood development, planning, monitoring and evaluation, research, feasibility studies, business development and transformational activities of the Institution.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Planning, directing, organizing, coordinating, controlling the transformation and change management programs of VF;
• Develop strategies to enhance change management programs, marketing, partnership, communication, research, planning, and business development activities of the Institution;
• Planning, directing, organizing, coordinating, controlling strategy development, marketing, partnership, communication, research, planning, and business development activities of the Institution;
• Coordinating the preparation, compilation, consolidation and implementation of the strategic and annual plans;
• Developing and maintaining good and productive working relationship with different partners and government representatives/institutions to enhance resource mobilization and integration.
• Directing and monitoring the livelihood development and integration activities of the institution; ensuring the maintenance of close cooperation with partners of livelihood development;
• Undertaking monitoring and evaluation and preparing periodic corporate performance reports;
• Conducting research and feasibility studies for the Institution’s business development, branch expansion and providing study information that assist strategic directions setting;
• Coordinating market research on time series data on the micro-finance sector and other macro and micro economic issues including interest rates;
• Conducting survey on customer satisfaction periodically; analyzing the survey results and preparing and submitting reports to the management of the Institution;
• Developing proposals for acquiring loan-able funds;
• Compiling statistical data on the micro-finance sector and activities of the Institution;
• Carrying out strategic analysis, identifying risks and opportunities in the environment and developing recommendations for consideration by the management of the Institution;
• Participating in workshops, seminars, exhibitions and related public gatherings and whenever possible using the forum to promote the image of the Institution;
• Preparing periodic reports on the business environment including the micro-finance industry to update awareness of management and other organs of the Institution;
• Participating in the development of customer service standards and ensuring their uniform and proper implementation;
• Ensuring the quality and timely preparation of annual reports, brochures, and leaflets of the Institution; and
• Performs other duties as assigned by the CEO.
• MBA/MA/BA Degree in Banking & Finance, Economics, Management, Accounting or related field.
• A minimum of 9/11 years of relevant work experience, out of which 4 years in managerial position, preferably in MFI/Banks.
• Ability to provide leadership, communicate effectively, and promote a team approach to enhance staff commitment to successfully implement the Company’s Strategic Plan;
• Demonstrated technical and managerial ability, sound judgement, ability to interact and work effectively with others at all levels;
• Firm belief in teamwork and gender equality;
• Capability and willingness to take responsibility and highly developed sense of integrity
• Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Terms of employment: Permanent
• Salary & Benefits: Negotiable and attractive salary. The Institution has also attractive benefit packages for the position including Institution’s car with adequate fuel allowance.
• Closing Date: February 18, 2024
Note: – Only short listed candidates will be contacted for subsequent assessment