Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF-Belgium has the following vacant position:
Title: CLINICAL OFFICER
Place of Work: KONSO, SNNPR
Conditions: Relocated staff
Contract: 2 months, extendable.
Salary: According to MSF salary scale
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Organizing and ensuring medical consultations to the target population providing treatment to patients within the scope of their medical competencies and referring them when appropriate, according to MSF protocols, procedures and the universal hygiene standards in order to guarantee quality and efficiency of the service provided.
|Responsibilities and tasks|
|• Ensuring the implementation and standardization of MSF clinical policies, tools, and hygiene protocols in order to minimize clinical risks and to guarantee the quality of patient care management. Promoting and maintaining confidentiality regarding all patient cases and records|
• Implementing diagnosis, prescription and prevention procedures that fall under the scope of his/her competencies applying medical knowledge, asking appropriate questions to patients and following protocols in force as well as using laboratory services when necessary, in order to ensure a correct implementation of the medical treatments and to refer patients when appropriate.
• In cases of emergency, carrying out first aid care and treatment according to protocols in order to reduce mortality rates
• Recording in the individual patient’s card and registration books, all performed medical activities (drugs prescribed, lab results, vaccination status, epidemiological activity, doses, etc.) keeping data traceability in order to ensure patients treatment continuity.
• Participating in data collection and reporting when required
• Knowing and implementing Patient Therapeutic Education (PTE), i.e. keeping contact with all patients, providing them information regarding their health state and responding to their questions.
• Knowing and promoting the proper application of Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit and Sexually Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol.
• Monitoring and supporting nutrition programs in our areas of operation with assessments, ward rounds, on-the-job trainings, donations, and larger formal trainings.
• Participating in assessments and interventions of medical emergencies in the region when necessitated by the project.
• Triaging patients during mobile clinic visits, when needed, in order to ensure that patients needing emergency care receive it in a timely manner. Communicating to patients and their caretaker regarding their care and ensuring they are informed and aware of the circumstances.
• Referring patients to higher levels of care during mobile clinics and/or nutrition support visits under the supervision and approval from the MD and PMR.
|Context Specific Accountabilities|
|Due to the context, the SNNP Region sees a big displacement of people and the outbreaks of several diseases and therefore an increase on medical need. MSF is currently running medical and logistics activities in Konso zone, Alle Special Woreda, Derashe Special Woreda, Amaro Special Woreda, Burji Special Woreda and adjacent zones when outbreaks happen. It’s absolutely mandatory that all our staff is aware and respect the cultural differences of our patients and colleagues.|
MSF employees are subjected and must obey to the Ethiopian Labour Law and the MSF Internal Regulation document. As well as this, they committed to follow and comply with all the MSF fundamental documents (MSF charter, Behavioural Commitment and MSF code of conduct). These documents describe the rights and the duties of every MSF employee. Going against the provisions of these documents may lead to disciplinary measures and to dismissal. Unawareness of these provisions won’t be accepted as an excuse for inappropriate and unprofessional behaviour.
|Education||· Essential clinical officer diploma|
|Experience||· Mandatory: clinical supervision experience of at least two years|
|Languages||· Mandatory: Good command of both Amharic and English|
|Knowledge||· Mandatory: intermediate computer skills in Word and Excel and ability to write reports in English after assessments and site visits|
|Competencies||· Results and Quality Orientation L2|
· Teamwork and Cooperation L2
· Behavioural Flexibility L2
· Commitment to MSF Principles L2
· Stress Management. L3
How to Apply
All applicants should send a CV, a cover letter, educational records, work certificates and a copy of national ID. Incomplete applications (missing certificates) won’t be considered.
Applications can be submitted to:
– MSF BELGIUM, Green Hotel, Karat (please indicate on the envelope: the vacancy title and your name) or
– by email: to [email protected] (please indicate on the subject box: the vacancy title and your name)
Posting date: 13/01/2022 Closing date: 20/01/2022
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED ON ROLLING BASIS and POSITION COULD BE FILLED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE.
MSF Belgium promotes the EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION. We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply.
- Address Konso, SNNPR
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc