About the Organization:
VisionFund Micro Finance Institution (S.C) is an Institution established according to proclamation No. 40/96 to provide financial services to the productive poor in the rural and urban areas of Ethiopia. VisionFund is currently operating in five of the Regional States of the country. VisionFund MFI is currently looking candidates for the position of Director, Credit Service and Portfolio Management based at Head Office. The successful candidates will have skills and experience that meet the following requirements:
The Director, Credit Services and Portfolio Management is responsible for planning, directing, organizing, coordinating and supervising the overall credit services of the Company. He/she identifies gaps in the credit service processes; identifies causes of customers’ dissatisfaction as well as gaps and problems on credit policies and proposes way out solution to the DCEO-Operations. He/she also motivates, empowers, and inspires the staff for better performances as well as evaluates the performances of the staff under his/her supervision.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Planning, organizing, coordinating and supervising the credit services & portfolio management of the Institution;
• Review credit analysis proposals and give feedback and recommendations to the approving organ.
• Take part in loan approval decision, check and sign on the loan approval form, delivery time report and other periodic reports to ensure validity and completeness.
• Lead the timely and accurate classification of loans and advances and adequate provisioning thereof.
• Monitor the credit reference system to ensure that it is functioning in line with the requirements of National Bank of Ethiopia (NBE) directives.
• Develop strategies to follow up and recover defaulted loans and lead their proper implementation.
• Review recommendations for write-off of loans and participate in making write-off decisions.
• Review loan disbursement request, recommend for approval as per the policy.
• Propose work out or remedial action on any problem of loan before it becomes non-performing;
• Develop strategy to reduce and handle problems of the functional unit.
• Present recommendation on the changes to be made on the Credit Analysis policy and procedure;
• Guide loan requests forwarded from the Region Offices & Branches as per the loan approval guideline;
• Ensure the validity, legality and appropriateness of the applicant’s documents for credit processing;
• Develop standards to be followed by branches and region offices in credit analysis;
• Develop techniques and approaches to be used in credit analysis and approvals;
• Identify skill or knowledge gap of region offices & branches and present recommendations on the areas of training and/or education to be provided for staff;
• Work cooperatively with different Departments (horizontally).
• Maintain relevant data base to be used for credit analysis, approval, follow-up, etc.;
• MBA/MA/BA Degree in Banking & Finance, Economics, Management, Accounting or related field.
• A minimum of 8/10 years of relevant work experience, out of which 4 years in managerial position, preferably in MFI/Banks.
• Ability to provide leadership, communicate effectively, and promote a team approach to enhance staff commitment to successfully implement the Company’s Strategic Plan;
• Demonstrated technical and managerial ability, sound judgement, ability to interact and work effectively with others at all levels;
• Firm belief in teamwork and gender equality;
• Capability and willingness to take responsibility and highly developed sense of integrity
• Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Terms of employment: Permanent
• Salary & Benefits: Negotiable and attractive salary. The Institution has also attractive benefit packages for the position including Institution’s car with adequate fuel allowance.
• Closing Date: February 18, 2024
Note: – Only short listed candidates will be contacted for subsequent assessment