Program development and implementation
- Assess the situation of conflict crisis affected areas (IDPs) and contribute in the development of appropriate and quality EiE project proposals Facilitate.
- and carry out baseline and endline studies, semi/annual reviews, and evaluations for the project –
- Coordinate evaluation & assessment of the existing data on targeted beneficiaries and their education needs
Prepare detail implementation plan & work to ensure the effectiveness.
- Coordination, partnership and networking
- Liaise with local government at field level to ensure compliance with government & zonal education cluster coordination Represent.
- WVE in zonal & regional education coordination meetings of agencies & government (clusters, task force meetings, networks & others)
- Provide regular updates to project manager on a weekly & monthly basis on the project progress, priorities & constraints.
- Coordinate with other EiE partners to maximize use of resources.
- Manage operation budget of the project in the implementation sites (procurement & cost for the materials)
- Contribute to the selection of pre-qualification and bidding of local suppliers & contractors for logistics availability & purchase.
- Track regularly the project budget versus actual expenditure with EiE officers, field finance for timely correction
- Make close follow up to project financial management (cash flow, field financial report review, monitoring
Reporting and Documentation
- Work to ensure quality reports are submitted in a timely manner and in accordance with the donor and WVE requirements on target schools.
- Monitor the impact of ECW project in the framework of EiE response program and promote learning by documentation of best practices.
- Work with project manager to provide necessary information to the EiE program team at NO, NECR & regional cluster –
- Assist on the documentation of best practices & challenges for further learnings.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- BA degree in education especially in pedagogy, educational planning and management, education leadership, curriculum and instruction and project management.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- BA degree with strong planning, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and documentation of lessons learned –
- Strong experience in collaborating and partnering with the government and other EiE partners
- Proven operational level experience and leadership in project management
Required Professional Experience
- Experience in leading the EiE project implementation specially in emergency program context Minimum three years relevant field experience in emergency or post-emergency settings, IDP and returnees & refugee setting experience is preferable and five years in the field of education.
- Technical experience in managing education program in both emergency and development, teaching methodology, need assessment, planning and facilitation skills is an asset – Demonstrated understanding of the Ethiopian education policy and education in emergency programming
- Experience in life skills education and alternative basic education, accelerated learning program (ALP) & accelerated school readiness (ASR), psychosocial support, teachers training, community capacity enhancement, and related.
World Vision is a child-focused organization that is committed to safeguarding all children as well as adult beneficiaries, and has zero tolerance for incidents of violence or abuse against children or adults, including sexual exploitation or abuse, committed either by employees or others affiliated with our work. Therefore, World Vision does not hire staff whose background is not suitable for working with children or vulnerable adults, even if their role does not interact directly with them.
Disclaimer: World Vision Ethiopia is a reputable organization that values transparency and fairness in its recruitment process and does not solicit any money for any job application. We encourage all job seekers to be cautious of any job ads that require payment or personal information upfront. If you have any questions or concerns about our job ads or recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5