People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, (https://www.alliance2015.org/ a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
PIN currently is seeking energetic, disciplined, responsible Field Coordinator
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of Field Coordinator
Length of Contract: definite (until December 31/2023)
Filed Coordinator (FC) is fully responsible for successful implementation of an individual project at filed level. FC is responsible to achieve the specific expected results of the project in proper quality and time. FC works under supervision of a Project manager and with close cooperation of another team within the project as well as program. The FC will be responsible for the overall management and successful implementation of the project. This will include managing the entire components of the project and required deliverables/outcomes, ensuring both technical and management requirements are met, and managing relevant government /stakeholder requirements. FC is responsible for ensuring that key organizational principles and approaches, such as sound M&E system, FRM and gender mainstream etc are well integrated throughout the project cycle; for ensuring that lessons derived through implementation of projects are well articulated, documented and disseminated both internally and externally.
- Manage project cycles including planning, needs assessment/identification, proposal preparation, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, financial management, cash flow planning, management of local team etc.
- Develop relevant methodology for project baseline and evaluation studies including questionnaires, checklists, terms of reference etc.
- Carry out kinds of analysis for project studies
- Design and participate on preparation of different training manuals and business plans for target groups within the project
- Networking with other NGOs based and working in the Sidama and Gedeo zones
- Provide support for field officers including regular supervision
- Collaborate with Project Manager in planning, needs assessment/identification, budgeting, monitoring, reporting
- Suggestions on changes related to budget, timeframe or project results
- Assure that all visibility material and events are in accordance with the PIN and Donor Visibility Guidelines
- Maintaining smooth and professional relations with all project partners and stakeholders
- Meeting all project related deadlines
- Provide Project Manager with time sheets and weekly reports of activities achieved
- Provide suggestions on improvements of project’s quality, relevance and efficiency
- Assist the project manager when other relevant needs arise
- Ensure quality, accurateness and timeliness of any nutrition-related surveys or data collection
- Adhere to all donor’s and PIN’s guidelines and policies
- Preparation and submission of internal reports and external reports (following appropriate validation by PIN)
- Responsibly use all equipment assigned, ensuring proper storage and maintenance where required
- Permission must be sought from the Project Manager or logistics staff before assigning the equipment for people/organizations external to PIN.
- Assist Project Manager in the planning logistics and financial needs and assurance of cost-effective utilization of budget
- Management of project team following PIN HR manual
- Ensure proper archivation and documentation related to project activities
Operation and Procurement
- Adhere to the security rules of PIN and enforcing the security rules with the project team
- Support preparation of project procurement plan on time, submit Purchase request and responsible in following up of the procurement status and ensure the delivery of materials in quality and timely manner
- Involves the technical inspection of the procured materials are done by the respective stakeholder or technical staff
- Make sure procured materials are with quality as stated in the specification or as per PIN standards and beneficiary/stakeholder request
- Assist Proper processing and documentation of all tenders both in ELO and hardcopy
- Responsible for weekly car request every Thursday and make sure the vehicle is used properly and efficiently
- Assist for preparation of stock sheet and provide to the Finance unit on time and follow the stock management procedure as per PIN policy.
- Organizing projects logistics including transport, purchasing, stocking, etc.
- Collaborate with other actors working in the target community
- Be flexible and be able to give assistance with different activities not included in this primary job description.
- correctness and completeness of information acquired
- ensuring timely and effective implementation of project activities and meeting set results
- cost effective utilization of the project budget and follow up on the expenditures
- Prompt provision of all relevant information to Project manager
- archiving of all entrusted and acquired documents in proper manner
Accountability and Safeguarding including Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (SEAH)
- Carry out the duties in accordance with the PIN Code of Conduct and Key policies.
- Participate in training and awareness raising (CoC and KP, Safeguarding…).
- Ensure that his/her team members attend training and awareness sessions and carry out the duties in accordance with PIN Code of Conduct and Key policies.
- Ensure that due diligence and/or capacity assessments of partners include an assessment of partners’ implementation of key safeguarding and risk policies/ procedure including the prevention of SEAH.
- Create and maintain a fulfilling and protective environment.
- Standard work schedule of 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday
- Per diems for working and Accommodation outside of the duty office depending on the location
- Transport Allowance
- Bank loan facilities
- 20 days of paid annual and after 5 years of work an extra paid day for every year
- Extra days of paid leaves for selected holidays
- Medical insurance, including spouse and children
- Accident insurance for all injuries during work time based on the law
- Paternity leave of extra 2 paid days above the mandatory 3 days
- Maternity leave according to the law and extra financial motherhood support
- Monthly mobile phone hybrid tariff
- PIN supports fast career growth and internal mobility
- International environment with opportunities to learn from other PIN’s country programs
- Extensive Capacity Building program, both internal and external trainings, including the Induction training
- Internal online learning opportunities, such as access to PIN’s e-learning platform and webinars
- Annual staff retreat
- Friendly and fair work environment with small collective where everyone knows each other
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Agribusiness and other related fields of study
- Demonstrated work experience in micro and small enterprise (MSE) development, project cycle management,
- TVET related work experience (agro-processing training programs for the promotion of youth employment) Minimum 5 years’ experience in a development project context/sector
- NGO experience is advantageous
- Good networking, representation and coordination and negotiation skills with stakeholders, government and other agencies.
- Planning, coordination and report writing skills
- Good communication and capacity to work under stress
- Good command of MS Package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Knowledge of spoken & written Amharic, English
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked/contacted.
- Interested applicants for the position should send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via the link until March 30/2023
- Should any information needed please contact using: [email protected]
- People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need engages /is in contact with. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5