The Oromia Pastoralist Association (OPA) is a Community Based, non-government and non-profit organization established in 2006 by pastoralist community representatives from Oromia region with the aim to encourage participation and decision-making of pastoralists in policy processes affecting their lives and livelihoods and address the chronic levels of poverty and vulnerability faced by the most-at risk community groups.
OPA would like to employ interested and qualified candidates for the vacant positions specified below for the Resilient Community (RC) Program: Developing Inclusive and Profitable Dairy Value Chains for Pastoralist Community in Moyale Woreda, Oromia Region. Therefore, interested and qualified individuals can apply Gender Expert/Women Empowerment Coordinator positions.
Position Description/Summary: Under direct supervision of OPA Field Program Coordinator, the purpose of the Gender Expert/ Women Empowerment Coordinator is to provide strategic support to design and implement gender and women’s empowerment activities in selected kebeles in Moyale Woreda, Borana zone.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensuring that OPA and CST-Ethiopia gender policies, frameworks, and best practices are applied throughout project activities;
- Participate in the planning, implementation and reviewing project scopes of work, training programs, deliverables, and other written materials to ensure that gender and women’s economic empowerment are well-integrated.
- Coordinating training events for Community Change Agents and program participants (Women’s Socio-Economic Groups) on gender considerations and women’s economic empowerment and providing ongoing support;
- Prepare timely project implementation reports including documentation of project best practices.
- Supporting project monitoring and evaluation to ensure it is gender-responsive and includes indicators aimed at capturing the project’s gender and women’s empowerment related outputs and outcomes;
- Working with program participants (Women Socio-Economic groups), staff and project partner Organizations to ensure that successful activities and methodologies for women’s economic empowerment are well-documented and disseminated;
- Developing key messages and content for creative communications tools to reach women in their daily activities, and work with local subcontractors to ensure communications tools help improve knowledge, attitudes, and practices related to women’s empowerment;
- Promote gender mainstreaming in policy and program formulation process at organizational and partner level
- Raise awareness and create understanding on gender concepts, women’s empowerment and gender mainstreaming approaches within the organization.
- Work with program staff for inclusion of gender-specific objectives, outcomes and indicators, and activities in the program design.
- Provide technical support for the inclusion of gender issue for management and programs/projects staff
- Develop and follow the application of gender mainstreaming checklist or the gender mainstreaming concept and the implementation of any other gender mainstreaming initiatives
- Participate in designing and implementing women’s empowerment initiatives that Create opportunities for women targets in accessing resources, decision making
- Document and report on gender mainstreaming approaches and activities in JOA projects
- Carrying out other appropriate activities that will contribute to project success, as requested by the Program Coordinator
Required number: One (1)
Duty Station: Moyale with frequent travel to project target kebeles.
Terms of Employment: Ten months (with the possibility of extension), Full time
Education and Work Experience Required:
- Degree/Diploma in Social Sciences, gender studies, Education, development studies or related fields
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience as a project officer related to Women Empowerment and Gender related positions
- Additional certification/training on Gender Equality and related areas is an additional asset
Skills and Qualifications:
- Solid knowledge of Gender Equality and Women Empowerment related project management
- Sharp time management skills and Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Proficiency in Office applications, including Word, and Excel
- Good communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English and Afan Oromo languages
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit their completed application consisting non-returnable letter of application, recently updated CV, and copies of credentials to any of the addresses described below. Incomplete applications will be excluded from further consideration.
Via email: [email protected]
In Person to: OPA head Office, Addis Ababa, Kirkos Sub-city, Woreda o4, house number 029, Behind tele Gurage, telephone +251 118 96 02 32, Addis Ababa
OPA Filed Office, Yabello, Infront of Yabello pastoralist TVET Collage,
Tele: +251464461457 Or
CIFA Project coordination office in Moyale town,
Female qualified candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Address Moyale
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc