MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Supporting the Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (Watsan) Manager in the implementation and supervision of Watsan activities, including tools and materials employed according to MSF standards and protocols, in order to improve health and living conditions of the target population
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Ensuring the day-to-day implementation and administration of assigned Watsan activities at project level, including but not limited to, water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, vector control, and dead bodies management
• Ensuring that the MSF procedures and protocols are followed by the Watsan teams to guarantee the operational quality of the project;
• Ensuring the maintenance and repair of technical equipment in the project to guarantee an adequate running of Watsan activities;
• Ensuring the distribution of the materials and tools used in water treatment, hygiene and sanitation (e.g. physical organization and inventory of stocks, receiving and processing orders for water, sanitation and hygiene material, check that the amounts received are recorded, and check monthly consumptions, etc.);
• Supporting the Watsan Manager in ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (physical verification of stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training). Ensuring appropriate assistance to the project response team and if required, participating in emergency activities or exploratory visits
• Supporting the Watsan Manager in the team planning (e.g. staff rosters and admin, HR processes, etc.) and informing and involving the Watsan Manager in case of any major management or technical issue, and providing all required reporting
• Planning and supervising the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, tasks definition and internal and external communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity
• Participating in data collection and reporting as required
|Education||Technical diploma, desirable specialization in water and sanitation|
|Experience||Previous experience in technical works and organising of multiple activities, preferably within MSF or similar work environment|
|Languages||Mission language essential, local language desirable|
|Competencies||• Results and Quality Orientation L2|
• Team work and Cooperation L2
• Behavioural Flexibility L2
• Commitment to MSF Principles L2
• Stress Management L3
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants should send their application files (composed by CV, cover letter, educational records, work certificates and copy of ID card) by email to [email protected] OR give their application file in person to MSF Spain GUJI Gatluak KUEYLUAL or Teshome TADESSE.
IN ANY CASE, NAME AND POSITION SHOULD BE CLEARLY MENTIONED
Posting date: 1st of May 2021
Closing date: 10th of May 2021 (5PM international time).
ANY UNCOMPLETE APPLICATION AND/OR
ENVELOP WITHOUT NAMES+POSITION AND/OR
EMAIL WITHOUT NAME+POSITION IN THE SUBJECT
WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
WOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES (compatible with the nature of work) ARE STRONGLY ENCOURGAGED TO APPLY!
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.
- Address Guji, Oromia
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc