The Health Manager, in collaboration with the Senior consortium project manager, will be responsible for coordinating EU Trust fund project that IRC is implementing in the region. The position involves technical, grant and budget management, monitoring, and evaluation. He/ She will be responsible for the four woredas EUTF project coordination, implementation, and supervision of the project staff. Externally it needs communication, coordination, and representation with host government at Regional, Zonal and Woreda health structures and partners. Participate on TWG meetings and coordination at regional level. The health manager reports to the senior consortium project manager.
- Plan the various stages of project implementation & prioritize and organize activities and resources to achieve project objectives.
- Support the goals and objectives of the EUTF project by working with other team members and stakeholders to develop and implement work plans that strengthen projects in the IRC intervention areas.
- Follow up that the project is correctly implemented and is in high quality and is based on standard protocol and best practices.
- Ensure that the capacity of targeted health office, health facilities and health service providers in IRC targets of Gambella regional state is built.
- Work closely with regional health bureau, zonal health department and woreda health offices for implementing the project activities.
- Provide technical support for the IRC health officers, and government health service providers in the project areas.
- Identify gaps in terms of quality service provision and design intervention and develop action plans to manage activities and improve quality of service (e.g., gaps in medical equipment, supplies, drugs, human power, training etc.)
- Monitor quality standards through monitoring and conducting supervision of clinical services and sites (e.g., Ambulance utilization, referral system, client satisfaction, client records, provider-client interaction, management of stock, record-keeping, adequate infrastructure, functioning equipment)
- Conduct/facilitate workshops, trainings, and presentations on EUTF activities and other health related issues for Ambulance drivers and health facility workers.
- Support the Senior consortium project manager in coordinating and communicating with partners working in the region and track their activities and inputs to assist in interpreting project results.
- Together with Senior consortium project manager and MEAL officer, routinely collect, compile, and organize data from monitoring and supervision activities and translate data into graphics, presentations and reports that can be used by project staff and shared with RHB, Zone Health Department and other partners.
- Assure adherence to IRC’s standards for program management and technical quality.
- Participate in technical meetings, team meetings and periodic team building exercises.
- Make sure that the project is implemented according to the project outline and in accordance with donor and government compliance.
Responsible for monitoring and appropriately spending the budget, monitoring spending plans and budget variance statements for the grant.
Ensuring proper and smooth budget management with periodic development and monitoring of procurement plan, spending plan and burn rate monitoring.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities of the health officers who are based at the woredas.
- Ensure that the stated goals and objectives of the program are met.
- Maintain data and provide monthly activity reports to Senior consortium manager, and MEAL manager for input into the database at Gambella field office.
- Provide periodic input into Gambella field office and Addis data base and ensure proper follow up.
Human Resource Management
- Manage and oversee health officers.
- Build capacity of staff under direct supervision based on the identified gaps.
- Undertake timely performance objectives setting, regular reviews, supervision, feedback sessions, and evaluation of all staff under his/her supervision.
- Any other relevant activities or duties as considered by Senior consortium project manager and management.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in clinical or public health with a minimum of five-years practical experience, of which three years with an international NGO.
- A relevant post graduate degree with four years’ experience.
- Experience in supervisory skill and training organization and facilitation in health projects.
- Excellent management and coordination skills (project management, multisectoral coordination, multicultural technical teams, etc.).
- Professional expertise on operational planning and strategy.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills, data analysis and evaluation.
- Have excellent written and oral communications skills and have advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines and procedures.
- Have strong communication; networking and representation skills and capacity to collaborate with government officials and lead dialogue and negotiation (Problem solving skills).
- Demonstrated skill in identifying and developing creative, innovative, and cutting-edge solutions for existing program challenges.
- Fluent (written and spoken) in English.
- Address Gambela
- Experience Level Manager
- Qualification BA/BSc