International Development Enterprises (iDE) is an international NGO dedicated to creating income and livelihood opportunities for poor, rural households of Ethiopia through various projects implemented in different parts of the country.
iDE has recently received funding from Latter Day Saints Church ( LDSC) that aims at addressing the root causes of malnutrition by focusing on multiple channels of impact on diet, including the first thousand days of life, supporting resilient food supply chains, improving agricultural development of more nutritious product, creating access to healthy foods, and providing education to women of child bearing age to ensure proper dietary diversity for healthy growth before, during and after pregnancy. The LDSC Nutrition work will be implemented across all iDE projects (WASH, RIPA, HTTG, and CARD II).
Therefore, iDE is seeking to recruit a Health and Nutrition Coordinator who will be part of the WASH team in Addis Ababa who is entrusted with responsibility in leading and supporting project staff for technical oversight and successful implementation of all nutrition projects across the iDE projects that are implemented in different regions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, participate in, and oversee the preparation of work plans, budgets, and other relevant project documents, including assistance in ensuring successful Nutrition project completion
- Ensure a high level of technical quality of the overall Nutrition implementation across iDE projects through coordination with project staff.
- Develop a proof of concept to take Nutrition Programming at scale.
- Develop, update and design nutrition standards, protocols and good practices
- Create ToT Package for Nutrition based on national nutritional guidelines and standards
- Integrate nutrition across Agricultural, WASH and other Programming
- Create market linkages to enhance access to more nutritious foods
- Develop and strengthen supply chains for key Nutrition and WASH related goods.
- Ensure that nutrition components of the program are consistent with the global and national Nutrition strategy
- Conduct periodic monitoring and support visits to project sites
- Coordinate the development of strategic partnerships in countries with relevant actors to strengthen the project efficiency and quality
- Oversee and manage learning and exchange between the project target countries.
Location: Addis Ababa with frequent travels to intervention areas
Educational / Professional Background
- A Master’s Degree (preferable) or BSc Degree (essential) in Nutrition, Public Health, or any related field will be an advantage.
- At least 4 years for MSc and 6 years for BSc direct experience with an INGO including program management position.
- Familiarity with project design methods and tools (including assessments, logical frameworks and theory of change) and strong appreciation for innovation and partnership as part of project development.
- Ability to manage a team and positively influence cross-departmental
- Ability to take initiatives to changing requirements
- Ability to make quick decisions accordingly to the context in coordination with the team
- Ability to manage priorities and to meet deadlines
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
Interested applicants and only those meeting the above requirements are invited to send non-returnable copies of their applications; including: Letter of Application, CV and Credentials attached in one document to the following address:
International Development Enterprises (iDE)
P.O. Box 7892
E-mail: [email protected]
(1) Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
(2) iDE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Address Ethiopia