- Ensure that Partnership for Sustainable Nutrition project activities are implemented in accordance with THP-E & donor policies and procedures, MOH standards & guidelines, and the commitments pronounced in the project plan to the communities and signatory local government partners.
- Lead the development of training manuals and tools for nutrition, hygiene and sanitation and training of local partners and community leaders.
- Facilitate and coordinate the awareness of local stakeholders at kebele and woreda levels on the project objectives and mobilize their engagement in project implementation.
- Lead the planning, periodic screening (selection) & quantification of families with needy under five children, pregnant and lactating women, and adolescent girls for targeting for nutrition, sanitation, and hygiene services through the involvement of all stakeholders.
- Provide Nutrition, sanitation and hygiene training to Animators and follow up and support their engagement as peer educators in cooperation with Woreda Health Officers.
- Facilitate village level community training workshops on hygiene, sanitation, nutrition including production & use of nutritious foods and social and gender norms that influence nutrition.
- Facilitate construction of family latrine & handwashing stations and its proper use by target households in collaboration with Health Extension Workers.
- Facilitate the provision of micronutrient supplements to target pregnant women and adolescent girls through local health facilities or other outreach services managed by the health facilities and as per the MOH guidelines.
- Ensure proper management of horticultural and micronutrient supplement supplies including proper storage, timely distribution and utilization and monitoring and reporting on the stock levels.
- Conduct community-based nutrition, sanitation and hygiene promotion activities targeting community groups through Animators, IEC materials and engagement of health extension workers and agricultural development agents.
- Support health facility and school-based nutrition education to pregnant women and adolescent girls focusing on micronutrient supplements use and adherence.
- Ensure awareness and compliance to THP-E administration and finance manual and safeguarding protection policies and other relevant donor policies by the project staff.
- Ensure that the implemented activities are technically sound, cost-effective, and relevant to the target community partners’ (beneficiaries’) needs.
- Participate in the project annual planning process and ensure the project activities are implemented in line with the agreed time frame and within the limit of the budget considered for activities under the project.
- Keep appropriate records for evidence of project implementation: distribution of materials and other inputs lists and usage, training participants records, sensitization meetings attendance sheets, regular mentoring visits etc.
- Monitor all provided support or intervention and make recommendations for modification, improvement, or the introduction of new approaches and/or activities as needed.
- Prepare quarterly activity and finance reports including partners (beneficiaries) success stories and submit them in a timely manner to the Program Manager.
- Substantiate periodic reports with good quality time series photos of Sanitation & Hygiene infrastructure, community workshops, trainings, and other similar events.
- Organize program review and feedback meetings with stakeholders and share the summary with quarterly reports.
- Assist THP-E HQ staff with the preparations of specifications for procurement of services, materials & equipment for project activities.
- Engage and closely work with Woreda and Kebele level health and agriculture offices to foster effective linkages and align with local policies, strategies and programs that relate to the project objectives.
- Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Perform any other related duties as requested by the Supervisor.
Term of Employment: One year contract, with a possibility of extension
Required Number: One
- BSc in Nutrition, Public Health, or related field of study.
- Six years relevant experience related to food and nutrition security programs implementation.
- Knowledge & experience of micronutrient supplementation and/or Sanitation and Hygiene services management.
- Demonstrable experience in working with communities in participatory approaches and capacity building of partners.
- Good technical and report writing skills in English with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Basic supervisory/managerial skills with strong inter-personal skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Fluency in in English and Amharic languages is mandatory, and skill of local language is advantageous.
To apply, send non-returnable copy of brief CV with a letter of motivation through email: [email protected] Indicate the position you want to apply in the “subject” part of the email”. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. If you need further information, please call 0111 267950/267151.
Women are encouraged to apply.
- Address Ethiopia