Internal and External job announcement
Consortium of Ethiopian Human Rights Organizations (CEHRO) is a local network of CSOs registered on March 16th, 2018 by the Federal democratic Republic of Ethiopia Authority for Civil Societies Organizations in accordance with the new Civil Societies Proclamation No. 1113/2019 with registration number 3932. The objectives of the Organization is to ensure the existence of an enabling environment for human rights and democratic governance and to creating a platform for strong and vibrant human rights CSOs for the realization of human rights and democratic values in Ethiopia. Currently CEHRO has 17 active member CSOs from different regions. Since its establishment in 2018, CEHRO has conducted several strategic activities which benefited its member organizations that can contribute toward realization of the collective CEHRO’s vision.
From its establishment, CEHRO has been determined and working for the advancement of human rights protection in Ethiopia by creating a common platform for human rights CSOs to articulate their voices and launch evidence-based advocacy. CEHRO works to expand the space for human rights CSOs and continue engagement with stakeholders’ building the capacity of existing and emerging human rights organizations to ensure effective human rights, democratic governance, and peace-building works.
The Program Manager oversees program planning, implementation and reporting, and supervises and supports program team and work process to ensure that they run effectively and in accordance with CEHRO’s program priorities and strategies. The Program Manager works closely with the Executive Director and the Finance and Operations Manager on financial and administrative matters necessary for the execution of program activities and operations of CEHRO.
CEHRO is looking for a Program Manager, who will be responsible for managing and follow-up the day-to-day management of its project transactions and procedures, with a demonstrated in-depth knowledge of program/project policies, procedures, and systems with excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing technically sound, coherent and well-crafted concept papers and program/project proposals.
- Contributing to organizational strategic planning documents and processes
- Ensuring the development of high-quality work plans.
- Developing and managing monitoring and evaluation frameworks for the program work
Managing and implementing work processes according to defined plans, and ensuring agreed outputs are delivered in a timely manner
- Crafting working methods that seek to improve the overall effectiveness of CEHRO’s program work and organizational efficiency
- Ensuring the integration of national and international human rights principles in CEHRO’s programs and keeping it abreast of new and emerging developments
- Providing a detailed plan and report on program activities in order to ensure that such activities are in line with the available budgetary resources and annual plan.
- Ensuring that the program activities and their respective outputs are of high quality, effective and delivered in a timely manner.
- Supervising and evaluating the work of program team and interns introducing timely corrections in the event that such program activities and their outputs do not meet the rigorous time and quality standards of CEHRO;
- Ensuring that the required narrative and financial reports are prepared and presented to donor organizations in a timely manner;
- Conducting awareness, advocacy and training activities and undertake legal work within the mandate of CEHRO;
- Preparing and contributing to CEHRO publications, briefing papers, training materials and legal opinions, etc.;
- Developing measures that ensure CEHRO’s program outputs and publications are widely disseminated among the public and other key stakeholders.
Fundraising and networking:
- Assisting the Executive Director in identifying and fostering productive relationships with prospective donors and partners;
- Identifying and maintaining strategic partnerships in the sector.
- Providing necessary information and documentation for fundraising purposes
- Identifying and maintaining strategic partnerships in the sector and ensuring that CEHRO has a strong relationship with key stakeholders as well as its national and international partners.
- Representing the organization in national and international fora as may be delegated by the Executive Director
- Creates the necessary file management and personnel evaluation systems that will ensure the efficiency of program activities;
- Assists the Executive Director in staff recruitment process and general oversight;
- Work with the Finance and Operations Manager on planning and disbursement of funds;
- When deemed necessary, to perform other administrative assignments that are needed to ensure the effective implementation of CEHRO’s program management activities.
- Contribute to the identification and analysis of potential risks to program success.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies in collaboration with the program team.
- Collaborate with other departments and programs within CEHRO, fostering cross-functional learning and integration of best practices.
- Explore and introduce innovative technologies and methodologies to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of M&E processes.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and emerging tools for improved data collection and analysis.
- Support the program team in implementing adaptive management principles, utilizing M&E findings for real-time decision-making and adjustments to program strategies.
- Facilitate community engagement activities related to M&E, ensuring the active involvement of beneficiaries in the monitoring and evaluation process.
- Promote transparency and accountability to the communities served.
- By incorporating these additional roles, the MEAL will contribute to a more comprehensive and impactful monitoring and evaluation framework within CEHRO.
Finance & Compliance Management
- Ensure compliance with donor and CEHRO regulations.
- Draft and/or review scope of work to hire and manage any technical consultants, including review for technical efficacy and contract budget.
Influence & Representation
- Identify, build, and manage collaborative with consortium member CSOs, sub-grantees, donors, local governments, and other stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively to ensure overall project targets and donor obligations are met.
GENDER, EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND SOCIAL INCLUSION (GEDSI )
- Be a thought in the recruitment of diverse team and promoting inclusive and safe work environment including supporting early career team members to fulfil their professional goals.
- Lead by example to promote gender equality and inclusive workplace culture in a day-to-day interaction with team members, member CSOs, and program participants.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
- CEHRO team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community member CSOs, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal member CSOs in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
- We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening, and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- CEHRO is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
- We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
- CEHRO is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to CEHRO Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Reports Directly To: Executive Director
Works Directly With: Program Manager, Operations and Finance Manager, all team members of the CEHRO Country office and team members of CEHRO.
Supervises: Program team
Report to: Executive Director
skills and ethical considerations
- Proven work experience as a program manager, program coordinator, or similar role
- Solid knowledge of project and program different donor procedures
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of administrative as well as financial regulations
- Excellent planning, analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Minimum master’s degree in Law, Human Rights, Political Science, International relations, Economics, Project management, Social Development and other related fields.
- Professional qualification as M&E tool is considered a plus
- Training in project cycle management, Monitoring & Evaluation, advocacy, and donor policies and procedures (formal certification).
- Minimum Seven (7) years of project management, proposal preparation, M&E, or related experience; in which at least two years of experience working on human Rights, humanitarian and related awards projects/program desired;
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working with NGO/INGO of grant compliance management, budgeting and accounting;
- Knowledge of grants administration, and ability to interpret grants-related governmental documents and accurately respond to them;
- Prior experience working on program support for non-for-profit making organizations as well as governmental project management offices is desirable.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in work outputs, including written communication;
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Amharic. additional language skill is a plus;
- Ability to independently track and manage multiple tasks and complete them quickly.
Top of Technique
- Good understanding and skills at Programmatic data management.
- Strong computer literacy with a full knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Strong team coordination, listening, and consensus building skills.
All qualified individuals are invited to apply for the advertised position. All applications, including a CV, three references, and all applicable official papers, must be sent electronically at [email protected] within 10 consecutive days from the day of this announcement.
Only candidates that are short-listed will be acknowledged and called for interviews.
“CEHRO is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Qualified female and young candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to empower women and youth.”
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20