Good Neighbors Ethiopia (GNE) is one of the field branches of Good Neighbors International. GNE was founded in 1997 in the spirit to provide self-reliance for neighbors suffering from poverty and discrimination through sustainable development beyond aid. GNE strives to improve lives of the needy segment of society in Ethiopia, especially children’s lives, through education, health, water and sanitation, partnership, and income generation activities since its establishment in 1997. The project is funded by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan implemented by Good Neighbors Japan through its implementing partner Good Neighbors Ethiopia. The project titled as Shelter and livelihood support for refugees and host communities in Aw-bare and Sheder camps, Somali region, Ethiopia.
- Responsible To: Project Manager
- Term of Employment: One year
- Duty Station(s): Jigjiga city (Somali Region)
- Required Number: One (1)
- Starting Date: April 2024 (tentative)
Overview of the Position
The overall objective of the project is to improve shelter and livelihood of refugees and host communities in Aw-bare and Sheder camps, Somali region, Ethiopia. The Field project manager will be in charge of all project field operations on day to day basis and therefore shall supervise activities related to the project.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Ensure efficient, effective, quality and timely implementation of the entire project.
- Lead, manage and coordinate day-to-day planning, implementation and management of project activities according to the project document, project budget and project log frame;
- Ensure effective integration of core technical areas –gender, enterprise development, agriculture, natural resource management and peace building;
- Provide technical input for the implementation of the project including in the preparation of training materials, guides and manuals;
- Prepare standard progress reports (monthly, quarterly and annual), annual work plans and budgets for consideration for HO.
- Ensure effective coordination of planned project activities and implementing partners towards the timely attainment of the project outcomes and objectives;
- Ensure project compliance with all legal and donor requirements;
- Guide the project field facilitator and ensure that he/she is empowered to perform duties as required by ToRs.
- Responsible for provision of on technical assistance to project field facilitator and and/or local counterparts in providing technical assistance to the selected beneficiaries in project activities;
- Facilitate effective communication and decision-making between all stakeholders for effective process management;
- Act as the key focal point with GNE country office to ensure all programming, financial and administrative matters related to the project are transparently, expediently and effectively managed, in line with established processes, rules and regulations in the absence of Project Manager.
- Ensure monitoring systems and tools are developed and used by all project staff to track project progress, and capture learning;
- Ensure the respect of GNE Code of Conduct and GNE’s zero tolerance policy of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA), humanitarian principles and contribute to the integration of Protection and Age, Gender, Diversity (AGD) mainstreaming into GNE programming.
- The filed project manager will supervise project staff under his/her supervision.
- Carryout any other duties as outlined by the Project Manager.
Education and Experience
- BSC or MA degree in Economics, Development studies, and related fields from a recognized university or college.
- 5 years for BA/BSC or 2 years for MA/MSC with relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in project implementation and/or management of development projects.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Commitment to the vision and mission of GNE
- Experience of working with IDPs, Returnees, Refugees and host communities;
- Experience of working in related activities such as shelter construction, livestock support and entrepreneurship support (small-scale business development).
- Experience in participating to working groups or clusters desirable;
- Experience working with International NGOs, in refugee settings in complex emergencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relations with all the types of stakeholders
- Adaptability and ability to re-prioritize according to the changing context;
- Able to work effectively and creatively within a team;
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Fluent in English and Amharic languages.
- Knowledge of Somali language and culture is highly valued.
If you are interested and fulfill the minimum requirements, please apply by sending a cover letter, CV, and relevant documents to [email protected]. The deadline for the application is seven working days from the vacancy postdate.
- Only short-listed applicants will be considered for the exam.
- Women and local candidates are highly encouraged.
- Please clearly indicate in the present locality, current or last salary scale and your expectation on the salary in the cover letter.
- Use “Project Field Manager” as the subject line of your email!
- For further information call: Phone: +251-115-578-614
Good Neighbors Ethiopia is a child-centered organization dedicated to keeping children safe and to ensure the children safety only select qualified to work with children are considered for this position.
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5