About Sher Ethiopia plc
Sher Ethiopia PLC is the largest flower producer. Besides producing flowers, Sher Ethiopia is highly engaged to the local community by providing free school and free medical service from its own Sher Hospital. Currently, we are employing about 13.000 people offering divers job opportunities to the region.
Main purpose of the job
The Research Manager will be responsible for designing, running, supervising and overseeing research projects, analysing data, and presenting research findings to Sher Ethiopia management. He/she will possess excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to manage a team of Research Aids and multiple research projects simultaneously.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Manages research projects from beginning to end, including designing research methods, collecting and analysing data, and presenting findings.
- Develops methodologies to ensure research methods are consistent, accurate, and reliable.
- Analyses data using statistical methods and software, such as SPSS, Tableau, and XLSTAT, to identify trends and patterns.
- Provides regular reports to senior management on research progress and findings.
- Supervises research staff, including hiring and training new employees, and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Collaborates with the relevant farm/department managers to assist with integrating research results into decision making and company working procedures.
- Stays up to date on industry trends, best practices, and emerging research methods.
- Reports any particularities to his/her superior
- Ensures that research projects meet all ethical and legal guidelines.
- On all three Sher Ethiopia sites, Outside, in the Greenhouses and wherever is required.
- Required to control and supervise a small team of research aids.
- Mixed field job and desk job
- Analytical Skills
- Communication. To be able to communicate with peers and team members.
- Data Analysis
- Decision making
- Problem Solving
- Report Writing
- Supervisory Skills
- Ability to work independently.
Education, knowledge and skills
- Degree/Master’s in Agricultural Science, Agronomy, Statistics
- Advanced computer skills (MS Windows, statistical data analysis)
- Experienced in research.
- English, written and verbal.
Interested applicants who fulfil the above-mentioned requirements can apply at [email protected] till December 10, 2023.
NB- Please, use “Application for Research Manager” on the subject filed of your email.
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10