Internal/External Job Announcement
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia’s most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS’ disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS’s humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes gender equality, mobilizes for immunization and mitigates the impact of COVID-19.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS.
CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position for an indefinite term contract that is contingent upon funding of the RFSA program:
Senior Project Officer ICT4D – Digital Data and Device Management
Indefinite Term contingent upon funding of RFSA program
Program Manager I – ICT4D
January 16, 2022
As a lead for the RFSA digital data and device management, you will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through coordinating and reporting on all Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA) activities related to digital data and device management and providing technical guidance and advice to staff and implementing partner(s) advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the digital data and device management for which you are responsible applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve. You will ensure all devices are acquired and administered in line with CRS and USAID BHA data protection guidance. You will also guide the timely and accurate collection of data using RFSA digital tools and ensure the quality of data in the respective platforms reflects facts in the field.
· Organize and lead the implementation of digital data and device management initiatives as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
· Ensure learning consistently accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
· Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders and serve as the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact.
· Supervise digital data collection and perform ad-hoc inspections of data management devices and processes at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures. Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance to implementing partner.
· Supervise and review digital data entry process so that RFSA data are entered into RFSA MIS tools in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
· Ensures confidentiality and security of sensitive data and reports including personnel data, subscriber personal data, and financial data.
· Coordinate and integrate program team in assessing current and future data entry needs and ensuring proper resources to address those needs.
· Through leading collection of accurate RFSA digital data, play main role in ensuring the high data quality reflecting facts in the field. Where RFSA uses manual data gathering formats, you will ensure all the data is timely digitized to respective digital applications.
· Support and coordinate capacity building and technical support activities associated with device management and digital data collection to ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards.
· Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners to achieve optimal device utilization and high-quality data management.
· Ensure project documentation for device management and digital data collection is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, ICT, Computer Engineering or other related ICT/IT field is required.
· Minimum of 3-4 years of work experience in project support, ideally in the field of digital data collection tool digitization, device management, data visual development and MEAL system in an INGO sector.
· Familiar with data collection technologies; such as ODK, CommCare, CSPro, Survey123, Kobotoolbox and other related data collection platforms.
· Experience working with partners using participatory approaches
· Experience monitoring projects and collecting quantitive and qualitative data.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Experience in capacity building of partners and frontline/field based staff and communities on ICTs
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings
· Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
· Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
· Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language: English
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: COP, DCoP Programming, MEAL and Youth/Gender, Managers, MEAL Senior Officers; and CRS Ethiopia MEAL Managers, CLA Advisor, and ICT4D Manager
External: Implementing partner organizations, Government staff managing respective MIS, other organizations working on ICT4D
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Trusting Relationships
· Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Address Dire Dawa
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc