AIDS Healthcare Foundation is a global not-for-profit organization that provides cutting-edge medicine and advocacy to more than 1.5million patients in 45 countries and is headquartered at Los Angeles, California, USA.
Since 1987, AHF has cared for thousands of people living with HIV and AIDS worldwide. As we create and implement unparalleled programs in new communities globally, we expand delivery of healthcare and influence over strategies with the sole aim of saving more lives.
The organization is looking for experienced candidates to health facilities where it is providing programmatic supports on HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care for the following positions.
AHF–Ethiopia has agreed with ALERT Center and Saint Paul’s Hospital to partner in maximizing the effort of HIV prevention, treatment and care provided in different service units of the facilities. The assigned candidates will execute the following respective duties and responsibilities to meet the stated objective.
A Site Nurse Mentor is expected to take the role of clinical mentorship to hospital staff nurses and other mid-level HCW to attain quality, comprehensive, evidence-based HIV service provision including HIV prevention, treatment and care services. The employee will be given the role of focal person at ALERT Hospital to ensure establishment of healthy working relationship with hospital staff and other partner staff to maintain quality service delivery and contributes to creating a conducive working environment. The employee will take part in regular planning on resource needs for quality care, ensuring proper documentation & reporting, and maintains good understanding with the facility leadership & management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In close collaboration with the hospital ART Clinician and other clinical staffs, take in the direct clinical care provision of comprehensive, quality, evidence based ART (including early initiation for the eligible and ready patients), PMTCT, TB/HIV co management, OI management, and Prevention with positive (Pwp), STI/SCM), care for HEI, management of malnutrition, HIV FP integration, retention to care, treatment failure, MDR-TB to both Adult and Pediatric Patients
- Basing at ALERT ART clinic, establish a good working relationship with the hospital staff and other partner staff to ensure quality service delivery
- Take the role of focal person of AHF–ET at ALERT Center and lead the other AHF-ET staff in their routine care provision and other duties
- Do clinical mentorship to the clinical staffs (Nurses) on the standardize clinical service provision
- Work with the clinical staff and hospital management to create a conducive environment for continued medical education and monitoring progress of participation
- Prepare the resource needed for quality care provision of the facility and make a request for supply or purchase and facilitate delivery
- Ensure the documentation of all the service provided in the clinic in the appropriate register and format
- Work with the leadership team and hospital management to create understanding of AHF –ET support to the hospital
- Work with the hospital clinical staff to document the service provided in the clinic
- Develop and administer didactic presentation to clinical staff on different topic related the clinical care provision
- Facilitate the organization of case-based review in the hospital for the staff at the HIV treatment units
- Develop and administer mentee preceptorship and take action on the findings
- Work with the hospital staff to rearrange the patient work flow that best fits the setting and maximize client satisfaction
- Along with the facility staff and data clerks, plan and implement the various AHF clinical Quality Assessments (Eg. Client Satisfaction Surveys, Time in Motion Surveys, Benchmarks, Chart Audits…) periodical and follow their uploading to AHF web database
- Prepare and administer presentation on the progress of Clinical mentorship and various performance of the hospital HIV/ART program to the clinic staff and leadership team
- Function as focal person for facility clinical data regarding AHF Ethiopia support: Distribute all data capturing and reporting format to respective units; collect reports from all required units.; Archive report (both hard/printed copies and electronic copies) with their proper label at data room
- Ensure all Program related registers (VCT, PITC, Pre ART/ ART, HEI, HIV+ tracking register, Nutritional support, Adolescent support, Adult group and other HMIS register) are filled and updated timely and accurately
- Execute activities related to patient care delivery as as given by the Clinical Mentor Coordinator, Medical director, or Country Program Manager.
Education, Qualification, and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Clinical or Public Health Nursing. Master’s Degree in Nursing or public health is advantageous
- Direct Clinical care provision experience at ART or PMTCT clinic for more than 3 years in the last five years
- Basic and/or refreshment training in Clinical Mentorship for ART programs.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in clinical mentorship of HIV/ART programs
- Training or experience in healthcare quality improvement, clinical capacity building, and design of educational training materials is desirable
- Well experienced in assessing, counselling and clinical management of PLHIV
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relation with hospital staff, Partner mentoring staff and facility leadership.
- In-depth understanding of the clinical service setting particular hospital environment.
- English Proficiency in writing and speaking.
- Ability to work for extended working hours for the wellbeing of patients
- Proficient in writing report and good skill of basic computer programs
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply by email to: Regional Human Resources Manager – AHF Africa Bureau, through: [email protected]
The application is required to include cover letter of interest, detailed updated CV, copy of academic documents and other credentials, and must be submitted before the deadline.
Workstation for all positions will be in Addis Ababa
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
NB:- Please do not forget to write the position you are applying on the subject line of your email so that it will be directed to the right department.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc