Bright Future Ethiopia Development and Charity Association (BFE) is a young local non-government organization (NGO) established in 2016 striving to expand while focusing on the unreached section of the community to make them resilient and self-reliant. BFE believes that improving resilience of the households would be achieved through integrated support in the areas of agriculture, health, education, Climate change and environment, food security, WASH, etc. while giving high emphasis on local community contribution. Working on such integrated projects needs mainstreaming of social work in all project life cycle. Hence, BFE is looking for Fresh social worker (graduates of 2013/2014) who are willing to work with BFE for better community resilience.
Roles and responsibilities
- Ensure that BFE Vision, Mission and core values and donors requirements are addressed in all project trainings, meetings and workshops.
- Advises and assists care givers /volunteers/community development facilitators implementing projects focusing on the unreached (Women, child and elderly, small farm holders, etc.)
- Advises volunteers/care takers/community development facilitators on WASH and other WASH related conditions in their respective village, home and the Community at large.
- Collaborates with different external offices on matters of common concern for the provision of better for unreached section of the community
- Create awareness on services, on key issues of empowerment and enhance social cohesion among communities
- Mainstream and enhance the unreached women, children, small farm holders and youth participation in all project cycle management.
- Ensures and encourages the participation of the women, children and youth in developing programs.
- Follow BFE different services contracts bidding, agreements, implementation and their smooth facilitation
- Facilitate awareness raising workshop on empowerment focusing on the mindset of the community for better resilience.
- Check and Facilitate all payments of workshops, trainings, other purchase payments are in line with the plan target, budget with fulfilling all office, government and donor requirements.
- Mange all BFE payments (trainings, services, medication, advances, loans, contracts) etc.
- Ensure all BFE documents are archived very well with clear order or numbering such as plans, letters, employee files, reports, case stories, impacts and so on.
- Managing and facilitation all BFE purchase related works with collaboration of other staffs taking the day to day lead in facilitation
- Keep the details of records of BFE vehicles (Fueling, parking, requests, reports, etc.)
- Manage all cashier works at head office and project sites (transfer, payment, documentation, etc.)
- Engage in BFE Networking, membership, registration, follow-up and reporting
- Other general social works deemed by the Office
Position: Social Worker (Only Non-employed Graduates of 2013/2014 E.C)
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
Open to: All Ethiopians
Opening date: May 24, 2023
Closing date: June 2, 2023
Number of position: 1(one)
Duration: Seven months (Fixed Tem Contract, with probation period): extension depends on budget availability
Duty station: Addis Ababa frequent travel to project sites
Qualification required /Competencies:
- BA/BSc in Accounting, Finances, Business managements/administration, marketing, Social work, sociology, purchasing and supplies managements and other related fields, etc. from recognized University
- No prior experience is needed ( for non-employed fresh graduates of 2013/2014)
- Having CGPA of minimum 3.25
- Participation in voluntary, charity and other community empowerment works is advantageous.
- Must have knowledge on Microsoft word, excel, etc.
- Willing to frequently travel to different project areas, environments including risky conditions.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Please send a motivation letter with resume (in one file) of maximum three pages directly to: [email protected]
When applying put “Social work for 2013/2014” in the subject line of the email.
We do not receive in person application
- Address Ethiopia