The Procurement Officer is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of procurement functions for IRC’s office. The position holder will procure Program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring good practices and maintaining audit-compliant records. You will ensure that all purchases of goods and services are done transparently, at the best available price, and in compliance with IRC and donor procurement policy and procedures.
1. Procurement Planning
Working closely with Procurement Manager, and other internal and external partners, you will effectively plan and support program implementation by:
- Collecting, organizing and analyzing data market information and data to enable effective procurement planning
- Preparing and implementing procurement plans following related IRC procurement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Monitor supply market and conduct market surveys & analysis to ensure value for money in procurement.
Responsible for implementing procurement plan and strategy and ensuring all procurement needs are met on time in line with GSC and donors’ standards, the role holder will:
- Support the development of procurement specifications
- Process approved Purchase requisitions through the procurement software ensuring data accuracy.
- Initiate and process Request for quotations (RFQ) and Request for proposals (RFP).
- Train and certify procurement committee members and participate in tender meetings and evaluations.
- Prepare bids analysis and other bidding documents for approval.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers that is transparent and documented.
- Review procurement documents for accuracy before taking payment for approval.
- Collaborating with all departments by Coordination with finance, grants and program to ensure smooth and timely procurement
3. Contract Management
You will lead the contracting process so that the terms and conditions, and contracting procedures as provided by Global Supply Chain are followed.
To achieve this, you will:
- Prepare and executing contracts for recommended bidders
- Timely renew qualifying contracts and Master Agreements.
- Execute contracts against set performance indicators
4. Supplier Management
The role will lead supplier relationships and performance to ensure that Suppliers adhere to Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and that there is precise record keeping. This includes:-
- Maintaining suppliers’ files and documentation
- Monitoring and documenting supplier performance
- Maintain supplier performance score cards.
5. Compliance and Ethics
You will assist in identifying and analyzing compliance risk in procurement processes and in implementing donor rules & regulations for all procurements by:
- Implementing due diligence for suppliers, this includes conducting reference checks, supplier visits etc.
- Providing consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Identifying and reporting procurement red flags across the procurement value chain
- Implementing corrective action plans (CAPs) in response to internal and/or external audit queries
You will support timely and accurate reporting by:
- Preparing and submitting accurate monthly reports to the Procurement Manager on time.
- Supporting with developing and updating the procurement plans (assigned) as required.
- Submitting monthly list of commitments to Procurement Manager/Supply Chain Coordinator and Finance
- Submit periodic procurement tracking report for specific Grants that you are assigned to.
7. Team Leadership and Development
- Setting procurement team members’ objectives
- Documenting training needs
- Ensuring that all procurement staff and counterparts are trained to standard
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Regular relationships with program staff, Operations staff and country Supply Chain staff at all levels
External: Vendors and Services providers.
- Education: Diploma/Degree/master’s in business management/Management, Accounting, Purchasing and Supplies management or related fields of study
- Minimum Six years of experience for diploma holders and Three years of experience for degree holders Two years for postgraduates
- Excellent ability of speaking and writing English language, Amharic and Somali language advantageous.
- Experience working with NGO preferred.
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices
- Proven success as a procurement leader within supply chain including planning, procurement and logistics
- Good collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who work seamlessly across cultures, organizational units and suppliers.
- Knowledge and experience in procurement plans, strategies, market analysis techniques, procurement and contracting
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent skills in conducting market analysis and sourcing strategies.
- Able to work effectively in a highly matrixed structure
- Good mathematical skills.
- Gender Equality
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The IRC and IRC workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way-Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
How to Apply
How to apply:
– Please send CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address: IRC Addis Ababa, P.O.box 107 code 1110 or through IRC career portal
- Address Melkadida, Somali
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc